My wife wants a Tattoo for her Birthday next week.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Farbio
Originally posted by: CPA
Originally posted by: Citrix
Originally posted by: CPA
ahhhh, welcome to the world of tattooed wives.

Next, she'll probably ask for a navel ring, then tongue ring, then another tattoo, then nipple rings, then....

oh my? how soon can this transformation start??

It started last March and all of those have been done since (the tongue had to be redone). She's already informed me a new tattoo is coming soon, and possible a new piercing :Q

Oh, and don't forget she'll want a boob job too!

unfortunately, in my experience, this one is true....it starts with just one piercing or tat, then it becomes a disease....always have something bigger and better to pierce or ink....just be careful:)

Yeah, I'm getting ready for piercing #2....

mdbound

Jan 27, 2003
Watch out for Hepatitis C....the virus can live in tatoo ink for up to 30 days. Most places change needles, but not ink, so keep that in mind (like Pam Anderson). Also remember, no treatment for Hep C yet.

MD.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: mdbound
Watch out for Hepatitis C....the virus can live in tatoo ink for up to 30 days. Most places change needles, but not ink, so keep that in mind (like Pam Anderson). Also remember, no treatment for Hep C yet.

MD.

Thanks for the advice. I will make sure they use clean ink. the place she is going to has had great reviews on thier artist and cleaniness.

Below is from the Rocky Mountain News.

top tattoo parlor
TWISTED SOL
1405 Ogden St.; 303-832-1311
Why it's tops: Aside from employing some of the most talented artists in Colorado and its long history of happy clientele, Twisted Sol beams as the pinnacle of pulse shops for its tribal atmosphere that makes anyone who enters undergo a primitive urge to get inked. Hygienic and safe, Twisted Sol offers the best overall tattooing and body piercing experience with low prices.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Make sure she gets a big fat ugly butterfly on her back so she can look like 95% of other girls nowadays.

Also, on her calf?! WTF.. Calf tattoos are horrible.. Tattoos can actually look sexy if put in a sexy place.. like back of shoulder or slightly below waisteline..

I am so sick of lower back butterflies and calf tattoos, though..

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: brxndxn
Make sure she gets a big fat ugly butterfly on her back so she can look like 95% of other girls nowadays.

Also, on her calf?! WTF.. Calf tattoos are horrible.. Tattoos can actually look sexy if put in a sexy place.. like back of shoulder or slightly below waisteline..

I am so sick of lower back butterflies and calf tattoos, though..

heheh i agree about the butterfly or those other designs on the lower back. if it was something small then yes someplace else. but for the names to show up it will have to a moderate size tattoo. we both think her calf is the best place for it. she also wants to see it, so her shoulder is out.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Thanks wink for taking a crap in my thread. and i take personal attacks on my family very personal.

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Originally posted by: azazyel
I am thinking of getting a tatto of Ouroboros.

pic

Dude, that aztec one is badass!

I might consider getting a tattoo, but I would probably put it on my arm and I have to get my arms in better shape first. They're not exactly something I'd want to be showing off right now.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: BillGates
Is your wife white trash?

dude.... if you only had the balls to say that in person.
Hell if he only had balls to begin with! He doesn't need tattoos, the bite marks on his back are his signature!

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
she has talked about it for a long time. She wants a Pooh that is sitting down with 4 honey pots sitting in front of him and on each honey pot mine and the kids names. She wants it on her outside calf.

she also wants me to get one. I wouldnt mind but I cant think of any that i can live with for the rest of my life. If i found something cool i would get it.

My wife got one before we were married. Its a flower.

I will get one sometime probably, maybe. Haven o clue what

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Thanks wink for taking a crap in my thread. and i take personal attacks on my family very personal.

Your wife is the one wanting a Winnie the Pooh tattoo.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis

Agreed.... We are part of the general public here; you can bet there are thousands of other people in this country who would also question that tattoo idea as well as the location of it. It seems immature and pretty much lame.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

Agreed.... We are part of the general public here; you can bet there are thousands of other people in this country who would also question that tattoo idea as well as the location of it. It seems immature and pretty much lame.

"immature & lame" This comming from a person who called my wife a name.
rolleye.gif

Ogg

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2003

rolleye.gif

Dont worry Bill Gates is a young punk kid.
Im allowed to call people names cause Im all growed up.:D

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Ogg

rolleye.gif

Dont worry Bill Gates is a young punk kid.
Im allowed to call people names cause Im all growed up.:D

:beer: