My wife told me that it was nothing but a G thang, baby.

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
I think Rob Base said it best when he said,

&quot;I'm gonna have a cow. If I'm gonna have it, gonna have it right now.&quot;

I was at a light and this J/A in a CiViC that was so low he couldn't pull into a Wendy's Drive Thru without scraping, with a coffe can exhaust tip as big as my head, was next to me.

He was playing some rap music that was absolutely AWFUL!

Something like: &quot;Ima master gas passer. Pass gas from the ass mass. Wicky Wicky Wicky. Cap the flap bap he's dead like a map. Ho!!! Ho!!!!! Ho!!!! Rip the flip tip on the crib slip pimp....&quot;

You get what I'm trying to say. It sucked.

I used to like rap &quot;back in the day&quot; to a certain degree. Fresh Prince, Digital Underground, Tone Loc, Skeelo.... then Ganstaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Rap came out and I lost interest. But I have to admit, although Gangstaaaaaaaaa Rap glorifies all of the not-so finer points of being a Millionaire Rapper livin' in Da Hood, at least they're capable of making a coherent sentence instead of just stringing a bunch of words together because they rhyme! Sheesh!

Who's buying this stuff?

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Skeelo. LOL :D

I wish I was baller
I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I had a girl who looked good I could call her

ROFL ;):D

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
What about Lucas or The JAZ? Don't forget A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Jungle Brothers, Gang Starr, Black Sheep, Digable Planets, Raw Fusion and so many more that actually do have talent.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000

<< Wiggers >>

Must resist urge to kill...

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
The beastie boys will always be the best rappers to me, but you have to admit Snow (canadian guy, did Informer) was good too. ;) Okay i mean what i said about the beasties though.
edit: btw first time i read the topic i would have sworn i saw &quot;My wife told me it was nothing but a G string baby.&quot; ;)

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
Oh yakko.... I'm not forgetting them. That whole era of rappers was &quot;acceptable&quot;. The crap that's on stations like &quot;Wild&quot; here in Tampa is just... well... CRAP!

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
What did you expect from the teenage wasteland? When these people are 30, do you expect them to keep on listening to this crap? Not bloody likely...

xero

May 1, 2000
hahaha.......you're so right jonny....hell, where i work, cars drive by alllll day....every car i hear drive by w/ their crappy distorted systems sounds like its the same song over and over and over and over and over and over...it gets so damn annoying...rap is stupid

Impact55

Platinum Member
Feb 16, 2000
Im guessing it was wiggy by South Park Mexican... yes a bad song, I'm almost positive that is what he was listening to.

3putt

Mar 3, 2000
What about
1. Sugar Hill Gang
2. run dmc
3. curtis blow
I really like funk like Zapp , gapp band and so on. Morris day was cool in his time <-get it time :)

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
AMD Junkie,

I am 29 and still listen to hip-hop.I just listen to the good stuff. I also listen to just about all other types of music as well.

jonnyGURU,

There is still some good stuff out there now it just isn't played on mild 98.7. If you listen to WMNF on saturday between 9 and 12 you can still here the real stuff.

jonnyGURU

Oct 30, 1999
It wasn't Impact. I was making those lyrics up. I figured my lyrics sound just about as good as the crap they call rap now-a-days. :(