My wife, I think, is not in touch with reality. Or perhaps its women in general

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: fatbaby
Assuming the cost per gallon of your municipal water supply is $.20 (around the average), you used over 1500 gallons of water on that lawn!

You want to know how much water we used last month? Seriously?
87,000 gallons.
Yes.
87 THOUSAND. I shat myself. Its not normally that high for anyone. But the fact is, when you have new sod you have to water the holy hell out of it, or it dies. The first year is just horrid. Once winter gets here it'll drop dramatically. And by next year it'll be established and we'll have "normal" watering bills. But to get it started and keep it that way.... Whoa.....
But its funny to me how people think OH! Your using all the water!! Do you have any idea how much water an irrigation well pumps a day? Probably what I use a month.

As for the loan term, yeah it was like 10 years or something. You can get ridiculous lengths for boat loans. And maintenance costs dont concern me a whole lot as I MIGHT use it once a week. But it'd still be worth it.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Every time I see the word "Finance" I get woozy. I hate owning money to banks for the rest of my life with 10% interest.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Boats = money pits.

Live by the three Fs: If it Flies, Floats or Fscks, RENT IT!

I see you've already broken one, don't dig yourself any deeper!

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Instan00dles
its only 12k for the boat but it also cost a fortune to operate one. My summer job is working at a marina and boat go through so much gas it isnt funny.

A boat quickly becomes a black hole where all your time and money will go.