My Weighted Companion Cube

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
I miss her and I'm having a hard time coping. Anyone else having this problem?

:(

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Bah, spoiler...:( Still stuck on level 12, though I have not played in a couple of days.

KT

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
This game is really addictive. Very cool. Currently at lvl 18, and its long.

Oct 25, 2006
http://imagedip.com/files/zvmedwmmzdlwztd2mhid.jpg

"There was a party, you know. There was cake, and all your friends were invited. Even your companion cube,
except he couldn't come, because you murdered him.All of your other friends couldn't come, because you have no
friends, because of how unlikeable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file: Unlikeable.
Liked by no one. A bitter, unlikeable loner, who's passing shall not be mourned by no one.
SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal, very official.
It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too."

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
I felt bad that it had to leave as well.. and to think the first time I let the fire pit close because I didn't realize it wanted me to destroy it

:(

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Yep, Portal is hilarious. And the companion cube was a great touch. It was a bit depressing having to incinerate it. But then I incinerated the computer piece by piece! HAHAHAHA! That red-eyed piece really sticks out in my mind - it made weird screaming noises.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
http://imagedip.com/files/zvmedwmmzdlwztd2mhid.jpg

"There was a party, you know. There was cake, and all your friends were invited. Even your companion cube,
except he couldn't come, because you murdered him.All of your other friends couldn't come, because you have no
friends, because of how unlikeable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file: Unlikeable.
Liked by no one. A bitter, unlikeable loner, who's passing shall not be mourned by no one.
SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal, very official.
It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too."

lol that was definitely the best line of the game.

Although the "We cut the cake...." line a bit earlier was perfect.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I didn't really develop an attachment to the companion cube. The deceitful GLaDOS, however... :heart:

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
I loved the hidden rooms in the levels (although not well hidden) that gave you a bit of insight:

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.