My theory on Donald Trump. He's functionally illiterate.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I thought he could block people from posting but not block them from viewing?

Sorry off topic

Not entirely sure to be honest. I don't think there's a mechanism in Twitter to block just responding to tweets. I think there is just a "block" which would prevent the person from viewing (and therefore responding). That was ruled unconstitutional by a (librul!) Manhattan court.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I would add that the illiteracy is a symptom of overall poor cognitive function, although it's hard to distinguish from his preference for telling lies and bullshit wherever possible.

Case in point: Raking the forests.

It could be seen as a stupid (clever?) spin in order to discuss climate change and federal responsibility.

However, lose the optimism, and it looks like the statement of a man who's 1. Never been outside of a city or into an actual forest, 2. Is unable to imagine one, or the simplest implications of his suggested policy 3. Cannot correctly understand the policies that the Finnish leader was describing, not recognize his own gross misunderstandings of the real world.

Ie, he lacks the mental power to even know what he doesn't know, and lives in an alternate, fantasy reality.

Beyond the typos, his words don't make sense as his reality doesn't make sense to normally functioning and informed human beings.

Reactions: Zorba

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Being dyslexic, and go look up my Magnus Kaine posts from the 90s and you'll see - I used to have a 'translator' ElFinix would run - I know what this looks like. The man IS smart, but it's a major chore to read.

I ran head-first into this, making my social arena forums, engaging hard to follow technical issues and philosophy.

Now i'm a prof at an R.

But Trump was treated like a child his whole life; instead of doing hard things and overcoming, he learned to be a man-baby. Now our 5 year old pres. is burning down the economy because "Comparative Advantage" isn't explained on fox-and-friends.

cool.

Reactions: dank69