My ten year old Sony takes better pics than your iPhone.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The only problem was ten years ago I didnt know much about photography. I did the macro thing with a non-macro lens way too often. I also used the digital zoom too much and theres no perfect way to correct for that.

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/shortylickens/asc00089-2.jpg

June 19, 2001.
Quit crying about how the new batch of phones takes worse pics than that one you had before. They were never supposed to be good to begin with, and theres a dozen articles on the internet showing exactly why increasing pixel count on tiny, cheap sensors directly leads to worse image quality.
Quit bragging about how awesome Apple is. They only seem awesome when you dont know any better.
The only thing thats definitely gotten better across the board is low-light sensitivity. One of the new Nikons has an ISO 144,000 mode, and it actually works.

Oh, and the reason I picked a garbage can to shoot was it showed off a lot of different colors and shapes all at once. I'd also do some portraits but I dont want any of you to know what I or my friends looked like 10 years ago.

JohnnyRebel

Feb 7, 2011
tiny sensor + tiny plastic lens

Hey, now you can use your Canon L lenses with the iPhone!

iphone-slr-mount-e14c.jpg

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/iphone-slr-mount/

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
I think the "cool story bro" meme works well here. Yes, a camera with a respectable sensor will outdo a mediocre sensor with a poor lens that beyond 3 feet focuses on infinity and has no ability to zoom in with optics.

Hell, my 8 year D70 is better than my iPhone...but I'm in no way surprised.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
First time I think I've seen an Apple troll thread in Digital and Video Cameras

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
First time I think I've seen an Apple troll thread in Digital and Video Cameras

I was wondering why HTC, LG, Samsung, HP and a ton of others were not mentioned.

With that said my iPhone 4 camera kicks ass compaired to all of the android phones we have at work

Nov 26, 2005
makes me sick everytime someone says "whats the mega pixel count" like that is the reason why the quality isn't good...

McWatt

Feb 25, 2010
The best cell cameras now are matching the sort of image quality I got out of my zoom Olympus camera from 2000, minus the ability to zoom without degrading quality further. Just three years ago, though, the best cell cameras were only as good as my $200 Canon from Christmas 1998, so they're noticeably progressing, albeit more slowly than digital camera tech progressed in dedicated devices.