My so called Best Friend Blows me off....What would you do?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: TallBill
I still never get why guys get into this little rumble with other guys about stupid crap.

its not stupid crap. maybe you have just never had a good friend. its hard enough to find someone you can relate to, and even harder to find someone who shares a lot of your same interests. when that person blows you off after you have been friends with them for years, it hurts, and if you dont agree, you need some therapy.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: MainFramed
OK, my "best-friend",for about 4-5 years now, and i havent really hung out in a month or so for busy reasons. well last week we planned on hanging out last night (friday), said we'd go workout then get a bite to eat with some girls, well he calls at 7 (while the rest of the day he tells me he's trying to brake loose) and tells me has to work with his dad on redoing there house. im like yeah thats cool np, he says he wants to come over first thing in the morning, get breakfast hit the gym and hang out whatever. so after i hung up i felt like an ass not asking if he needed help, call him back and get his dad. "work on the house? we were done with that hours ago, he just left with some girls" He told me. i was like wtf. so i called him to personally ask him (on his cell) if he needed help. and he just went with it said hes working hard whatever doesnt mention anything about being with the girls. i didint say anything. called him this morning at 9 like he asked and his parents said hes out with some guy up in port huron for the day. i was just like ok. wtf? im not being a pussy here. having such a close and long relationship with this guy is what makes me feel like crap, i look forward to hanging with him and then he blows me off. were practically brothers to.

what would you do? :confused:

drop him

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: MainFramed
OK, my "best-friend",for about 4-5 years now, and i havent really hung out in a month or so for busy reasons. well last week we planned on hanging out last night (friday), said we'd go workout then get a bite to eat with some girls, well he calls at 7 (while the rest of the day he tells me he's trying to brake loose) and tells me has to work with his dad on redoing there house. im like yeah thats cool np, he says he wants to come over first thing in the morning, get breakfast hit the gym and hang out whatever. so after i hung up i felt like an ass not asking if he needed help, call him back and get his dad. "work on the house? we were done with that hours ago, he just left with some girls" He told me. i was like wtf. so i called him to personally ask him (on his cell) if he needed help. and he just went with it said hes working hard whatever doesnt mention anything about being with the girls. i didint say anything. called him this morning at 9 like he asked and his parents said hes out with some guy up in port huron for the day. i was just like ok. wtf? im not being a pussy here. having such a close and long relationship with this guy is what makes me feel like crap, i look forward to hanging with him and then he blows me off. were practically brothers to.

what would you do? :confused:

drop him

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
heh dude, i would just leave him alone... if he values your friendship as much as you do, he will apologize and everything will go back to normal.

you know what i hate even more? when people that claim to be your good/best friend but only call when they need something or they simply are bored. i hate those people and i love blowing them off by silence :D