My short speed channel rant.

Lunarcade

Apr 5, 2002
Being a devoted watcher of Speedvision, I thoroughly enjoyed watching all the WRC, Forumla 1, and other international races whenever I flipped to the channel. Now that Speedvision has become Speed Channel whenever I turn it on, day or night, I am greeted by NASCAR. Nothing against fans, but personally I am not entertained by watching a bunch of cars go in a circle as fast as they can. I want my diversity back! Or am I the only one seeing the NASCAR domination?

JC

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
I dunno, everytime I flip by Speed it's WRC....

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001

I haven't had Speedvision since a year ago, but the rumor was that it would be changing to 100% Nascar eventually.

:disgust:

hardass

Apr 10, 2002
Thats why Fox bought Speedvision, so they can show NASCAR all day, I like Nascar, but I like other racing series too.

C'DaleRider

Jan 13, 2000
Interesting...........while I have seen a bit of NASCAR too, I've also been seeing lots of motorcycle racing, WRC, Pikes Peak climb, among others.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
They need a channel devoted to just motorycle races - Superbike to be specific... NASCAR can go to TNN.....stupid easily entertained rednecks ruined it, the white trashiness has spread throughout the country...now we have millions of people with short attention spans watching pretty color cars going in circles. Real entertaining. Might as well watch a track meet.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by: billgates380
They need a channel devoted to just motorycle races - Superbike to be specific... NASCAR can go to TNN.....stupid easily entertained rednecks ruined it, the white trashiness has spread throughout the country...now we have millions of people with short attention spans watching pretty color cars going in circles. Real entertaining. Might as well watch a track meet.

Did you watch(or try to) the 750 Supersport race two weekends ago? One lap into the race they interrupted it for "NASCAR weekend wrapup highlite coverage", to show crappy highlites from that weekends NASCAR race. When they finally got done, they returned to the bike race just in time to show the winner's podium! :disgust:
There were many-a-distraught motorcycle fans upset with that little fiasco. Speed issued a public apology, "This won't happen again". Ya right! Buncha jerks.

ps-I still love the channel for the NON-NASCAR coverage, but those stupid informercials have got to go! :)

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: hardass
Thats why Fox bought Speedvision, so they can show NASCAR all day

Are you trying to say that Fox's target-audience is rednecks and white trash ;)?

I have never understood the appeal of NASCAR. Give me WRC instead! Of course, being a finn I'm propably biased.

MikeO

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001

NASCAR is as entertaining as watching grass grow... but don't listen to me, I'm just another biased finn ;)