My Seven Year Anniversary

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Some stuff

The Puros Indios was rolled in '98 :)

We (neither of us) relaly go out for gift-buying... I mean neither of us really think a ring or a new gadget can in any way express emotion... So we just had a big party.

Her brothers and sisters My Dad and sister and nephew... the neighbors and some friends from our daughter's school, about 25 people all gathered together to enjoy the brisk spring weather, watch the kids goof in the backyard and eat big.
the sirloins were marinated in olive oil, rosemary and thyme
the chicken was a middle eastern spiced yogurt marinade
and teiyaki salmon
Cheeses, homemade hoummus, a bunch of pasta and greens salads and fresh vegetables

It was very nice, I can not picture a future without this woman that I love so deeply. I love you Mary.

My wife

The fruits of our labors:

(see sig)

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
Originally posted by: djheater
Some stuff

The Puros Indios was rolled in '98 :)

We (neither of us) relaly go out for gift-buying... I mean neither of us really think a ring or a new gadget can in any way express emotion... So we just had a big party.

Her brothers and sisters My Dad and sister and nephew... the neighbors and some friends from our daughter's school, about 25 people all gathered together to enjoy the brisk spring weather, watch the kids goof in the backyard and eat big.
the sirloins were marinated in olive oil, rosemary and thyme
the chicken was a middle eastern spiced yogurt marinade
and teiyaki salmon
Cheeses, homemade hoummus, a bunch of pasta and greens salads and fresh vegetables

It was very nice, I can not picture a future without this woman that I love so deeply. I love you Mary.

My wife

The fruits of our labors:

(see sig)

Why 2 1 3?

SilentZero

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
He is drunk and can't count in order? Oh and Congrats man. My wife and I have our 8th coming up this year, and shes already planning stuff for it.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: SilentZero
He is drunk and can't count in order? Oh and Congrats man. My wife and I have our 8th coming up this year, and shes already planning stuff for it.

Oh... I can still count in order, it's just that, being drunk, I don't care enought to POST them in order...

wheeee... time to crack another...

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Thanks, I have been very lucky, I guess.... there's not another couple from our group of friends that is not divorced or seperated. We are very happy and feel very satisfied in our merriage. I'm one of the lucky ones.... I think I realized that when she refused to watch Star Trek Next Generation reruns with me because she'd seen them all before. :)

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
:beer::thumbsup::)

And for later: :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

dderidex

Platinum Member
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: djheater
Thanks, I have been very lucky, I guess.... there's not another couple from our group of friends that is not divorced or seperated. We are very happy and feel very satisfied in our merriage. I'm one of the lucky ones.... I think I realized that when she refused to watch Star Trek Next Generation reruns with me because she'd seen them all before. :)

Pfft, I'm luckier.

Mine introduced me to the 'Aliens' series (okay, just the first two, anyway), and I introduced her to Babylon 5, DS9, and TNG. So we've been able to watch the reruns together. :D

So far, we've watched all the B5s and DS9s (didn't take too long - one a night almost every night for weeks on end). TNG we are working our way through. Shouldn't have started with DS9 before TNG, I fear - TNG just *is not* as good. The characters never change - no development, no meaningful relationships, etc. Just 'alien of the week' stuff, and that's not as interesting as all the character interaction on DS9.

Still, she's really digging the new BSG and the new Doctor Who, so...w00t!!

chipy

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2003
congrats djheater!! beautiful family you got there. many more years of happiness to ya.

chipy

Congrats, it was my GF's and mines last night.

*i know its horrible english, its late and i dont care :p *

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
That picture of your wife is kind of scary, with the b&w and the no smiling thing, not that her face is scary. For some reason it reminds me of that woman in the Ring.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
Keep it up. Good marriages lasting even that long are becoming less common, unfortunately.