My resume has been replaced by 18 pages of asian text...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mitmot

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2005
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
:thumbsdown: This sucks a nut. And I need it tommorrow, gonna go spam a job fair.

i dont want to imagine what your definition of spam is when you post 3 straight responses in a row ;)

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Why couldn't it be the britney spears MP3? Now I have to waste time redoing this :(

It's not a waste of time if you want your resume to be readable

Winchester

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Bullets and Numbering in word documents easily corrupt documents.

This is a known issue with Microsoft.

<--- Has lost many a paper due to this.

Go to Tools->Options->Save (Click on Always create a backup copy) and (Save every 1 minute)

brian_riendeau

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 1999
And theoretically, it WAS backed up properly.

Well, if you really believe this was true I certainly hope you do not plan on theoretically working in the IT field :) ;)

Anyway, Word sucks because of things like this. I have had multiple documents corrupt themselves in recent years, and a few times I have had documents end up with invisible formatting that can never be editted out. Now I just make constant backups in different locations while creating an important doc and email some of the backups to myself for safekeeping.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: brian_riendeau
And theoretically, it WAS backed up properly.

Well, if you really believe this was true I certainly hope you do not plan on theoretically working in the IT field :) ;)

Anyway, Word sucks because of things like this. I have had multiple documents corrupt themselves in recent years, and a few times I have had documents end up with invisible formatting that can never be editted out. Now I just make constant backups in different locations while creating an important doc and email some of the backups to myself for safekeeping.

Lessons learned:
[*]MS Office documents can not reliably be backed up by file copying - must be saved 11ty billion times, or you'll end up backing up gibberish.
[*]The resume wizard makes ugly resumes.