My ReplayTV is up and running again!

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
The HDD of my Showstopper died last week and I finally got it up and running again.

The DVR/PVR is just like any appliance: you never appreciate how good it is until it's gone.

Anyway, hooray for me.

-geoff

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
nice.

do you have that program that lets you DL the recordings on to your PC?

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
I have an older unit, so no. I want to squeeze every penny out of this box before I get a new one. (Besides, I'm happy with what it does already.)

-geoff

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Sweet. The OS on my Showstopper got corrupted a while back and I was able to fix it by wiping the hard drive with my PC and downloading a drive image off the net.

I was so glad to get it working again, and it's been just fine ever since!

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
D'oh, now the hard drive in my Replay died too! It was a 20 GB Quantum HD.
The video was stuttering, then suddenly there was a series of scraping noises. I did several hard reboots and there was only a clicking noise from the HD and it froze at the "Please Wait a Few Moments" screen. Finally it booted up the next day but it only worked for about 15 minutes and then the exact same thing happened. :(

Oh well, I have an old 40 GB drive I'm not really using, so I'll slap that in there. It's 7200 RPM so it will probably run hot and be louder than the old one, but at least it will work and give me more recording time. Thank goodness you can "hack" these units. :beer:

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Question about the replay TV. I just bought an older showstopper last night and hooked it up via serial cable to my drd 420RE on the satellite.

All my ppv shows only show up as PPV whereas they actually have names on the satellite receiver. PRoblem is I cannot tell what show is what short of scrolling through all of them individually and writing them down. Did I do something wrong on the hookup? I had to create my own RJ6-Serial cable last night but it seems to be recording the box just fine.