My plan to help out the economy: Lets finally do away with the penny

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
I agree. I think 1-dollar bills also need to go the way of the dodo. I know that dollar coins have been tried at least twice and failed miserably. That's why uncle sam just needs to DO IT and force the change down people's throats. 1 Euro coins work just fine in all of the EU.

I don't want to hear any jokes about "No dollar bills? What'll I use at the strip joint?" And "Heheheh! I can ask her where I can put the dollar coin!" :p

simple you exchange your dollar coins from "strip club dollars" to be used only in the club. Girls collect them and exchange them back for cash at the end of the shift. This is done in many clubs today anyways.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
simple you exchange your dollar coins from "strip club dollars" to be used only in the club. Girls collect them and exchange them back for cash at the end of the shift. This is done in many clubs today anyways.

Vu Bucks FTW! Same way you tip them when you are putting your adventure on your card.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I think the only reason we haven't is that all national politicians realize to make this proposal would cause a big hysterical backlash.

It certainly makes sense. Pennies aren't even made of copper anymore (they are plated zinc slugs) and we are still losing money minting them.