My pee smells funny

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
My god, I'd almost forgotten how awesome fresh asparagus is in the spring. All of the grocery stores have had it on sale in recent weeks, the latest one at just 98 cents a pound. I bought a couple bunches yesterday and I've had it for dinner, breakfast, lunch, a snack and dinner again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crono

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
We use a peeler around the base of the stalk, quick sprtiz of olive oil and salt - then toss on the BBQ or pre-heat in oven a baking sheet at 425 and toss them on the hot sheet and into the oven.

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011
My god, I'd almost forgotten how awesome fresh asparagus is in the spring. All of the grocery stores have had it on sale in recent weeks, the latest one at just 98 cents a pound. I bought a couple bunches yesterday and I've had it for dinner, breakfast, lunch, a snack and dinner again.

giphy.gif

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
We're enjoying it as well. We usually cut about 3" off the base, throw in a ziplock with olive oil and garlic salt to marinate for about an hour, and cook on the (charcoal) grill with our burgers or steaks or whatever we're cooking. Good stuff!

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I haven't noticed it after eating asparagus (don't have it very often either), but mine smells after drinking coffee, even a single cup. Ugh it's fucking stank as shit. To use a wine tasting/smelling comparison, there's some subtle coffee notes combined with notes of wet-cat-rolled-in-shit-and-thrown-into-a-tire-fire.

A rather gross topic but f it, it's ATOT.

Reactions: NesuD and Ajay

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
$2 for 2 pounds at Costco last week. So nice and tastes so much better than when it's $6 year round. But yes, smelly pee.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I haven't noticed it after eating asparagus (don't have it very often either), but mine smells after drinking coffee, even a single cup. Ugh it's fucking stank as shit. To use a wine tasting/smelling comparison, there's some subtle coffee notes combined with notes of wet-cat-rolled-in-shit-and-thrown-into-a-tire-fire.

A rather gross topic but f it, it's ATOT.

LOLZ!

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
wow, I totally understand what that would smell like. :D
LOL... I can't take credit for that phrase; I actually think I read it in a thread here some time ago. I laughed my ass off when I read it and it stuck in my mind since.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Oddly enough the ability to smell asparagus pee is an evolved trait that less than 50% of the population can distinguish...

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
when that happens, you have pretty solid evidence that you are wasting money on those "vitamin pills."

Yup. Either you are getting just about everything you really need already, or you are taking shitty multivitamins.

Most multivitamins out there, the cheap kind, are filled with versions of vitamins that are not readily absorbable or just poor quality, and get pissed out nearly untouched. That's bad, literally pissing your money away.

Get better multivitamins, and you'll find you don't have this problem. :)