My Panasonic HDC-TM10 software burns a dvd in 8 HOURS!!!

enwar3

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2005
I was wondering if anybody has the same video camera/software, because I suspect my experience is out of the ordinary. At least I hope it is.

I have an Panasonic HDC-TM10 video camera, which works fine. But the software is horrendous! I actually cannot even believe that such poor software made it into production and is getting shipped! Anyways, the software takes 8-9 hours to burn about 4g of video onto a DVD. Is this at all normal, for dvd burning in general or for burning video?

EDIT: The software is Panasonic HD Writer AE 1.5.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2003
I was wondering if anybody has the same video camera/software, because I suspect my experience is out of the ordinary. At least I hope it is.

I have an Panasonic HDC-TM10 video camera, which works fine. But the software is horrendous! I actually cannot even believe that such poor software made it into production and is getting shipped! Anyways, the software takes 8-9 hours to burn about 4g of video onto a DVD. Is this at all normal, for dvd burning in general or for burning video?

EDIT: The software is Panasonic HD Writer AE 1.5.

I'm betting that the majority of the time the software is taking is converting the footage from HD to MPEG II, which is pretty CPU intense.. You may try convertXtoDVD

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
You need to give us a bit more information... What's it doing - just burning, or also reconverting and/or disc editing?

Like freedomsbeat212 said, ConvertXtoDVD would be your best bet.

Last edited:

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
/iMovie 08

But the f0cking stupid thing you can't slow mo :( or batch encode videos...WTF?!

I only ever encode for my iPhone or upload to youtube. Never used the software to do encode and burn to dvd.

Koing