MY OVERWATCH NOTEBOOK UPGRADE

Sep 5, 2016
I have a small notebook (14") only to play
- Black Ops 2 1080p 60 FPS Rock Solid.

now i think that i could be interested in another game: Overwatch

can i use the same laptop to play Overwatch with 60 FPS Rock Solid? or it s not enough ???

i want to turn my "BOII ONLY LAPTOP" into a "Overwatch ONLY LAPTOP"

GT 750M is the problem!

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
So I tried it out on my laptop, just a little lower spec then yours probably. I am running a 745m on a i7-4500u. 8gb ram.

I really had to hug the low settings to average about 45fps. Running 1080p, I needed to reduce my rendering resolution to %75, the 30fps I was getting at full resolution was kind of ugly. All settings were lowest, or off with low setting preset but I was able to bump texture to full resolution (didnt seem to need more then 1gb of vrm) and I turned shadows from off to low because a world without shadows is a world not worth living in.

Whats really nice is blizzard has done and amazing job on effects, and scene complexity. I didn't find any noticeable dips in fps due to high action or where I was at.

Would I have fun at these settings? yes, the game looked good and 45fps is still smooth. Would I compete on this level? nah not really.

Sep 5, 2016
So I tried it out on my laptop, just a little lower spec then yours probably. I am running a 745m on a i7-4500u. 8gb ram.

I really had to hug the low settings to average about 45fps. Running 1080p, I needed to reduce my rendering resolution to %75, the 30fps I was getting at full resolution was kind of ugly. All settings were lowest, or off with low setting preset but I was able to bump texture to full resolution (didnt seem to need more then 1gb of vrm) and I turned shadows from off to low because a world without shadows is a world not worth living in.

Whats really nice is blizzard has done and amazing job on effects, and scene complexity. I didn't find any noticeable dips in fps due to high action or where I was at.

Would I have fun at these settings? yes, the game looked good and 45fps is still smooth. Would I compete on this level? nah not really.

thanks man, i think it s the same boat:

we can play it, but to be competitive you need 60 fps rock solid at least. I have it in BOII, but i m not going to have it with OW.

and the game costs 40euro, so it s going to be a hard decision

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I just built a new desktop primarily for Overwatch (but also other games) because I got tired of getting killed when my framerate dropped to the single digits in heavy action even at lowest settings.

My daughter plays it on her laptop, and that's kind of an old piece of junk at this point.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246328

It's playable even on that old thing, and she actually does fairly well using it, but it's not the greatest experience even with all graphics options at their lowest.

Sep 5, 2016
I just built a new desktop primarily for Overwatch (but also other games) because I got tired of getting killed when my framerate dropped to the single digits in heavy action even at lowest settings.

My daughter plays it on her laptop, and that's kind of an old piece of junk at this point.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246328

It's playable even on that old thing, and she actually does fairly well using it, but it's not the greatest experience even with all graphics options at their lowest.
incredible that she can play it with 6650M!

i already have a desktop pc (a good one with titanx and intel extreme edition cpu) but usually i m not at home (and when i m at home i can t play) :(