My only IOS devices losing wifi connectivity

robisc

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
I am having an issue with my wifi router in my house with my two Apple devices, one is an iPhone 6 the other is an iPad Mini 2 (both with latest IOS updates). The router I am using is an ASUS RT-N66U with the latest firmware. My issue is that while on WI-FI while connected to this router I lose connectivity on a regular basis and have to switch my device to airplane mode and then back off in order to get it to connect back to Wi-Fi. This only happens with this specific WI-FI network and also only happens with these two IOS devices. My other devices and laptops don't have this issue and the W-FI connection is reliable at all times with other non IOS devices. Are there any ideas on what could be the issue here?

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Had this issue for a very long time when we upgraded to iOS9 (when it was released). Prior to that never, ever had this issue. Swapped out my Linksys router for ASUS and the issue has gone away. Very rarely we may need to turn off wifi and turn it back on again but the incidents have dropped 99%.

Reactions: robisc