Discussion My observations from selling an RX 580 on eBay Apr21

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
I listed my RX 580 on eBay and within 2 hours have 9 offers between $120 to $400. Very sad because I am sure these people need video cards but cannot afford the crazy prices that are going on right now. I declined all the offers as I saw someone with the same card get $561 which is crazy! You know the person offering $120 is at their financial limit and if the chip shortage was not happening I would be estatic to get that much for a used GPU.

• Wow
Reactions: AnitaPeterson

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Jc, I have an old 580 lying around somewhere... and a 780 for that matter... you telling me they are worth something?

A ton. If you live here in a metro it’s trivial to move them on FB marketplace or Craigslist right now.

I sold a 470 8GB in about 8 hours locally for $385. Dude drove to my house to pick it up, all cash, no fees. Boom.

Remember that in most places people have to pay sales tax on eBay now even for used stuff, so listing under eBay by a bit usually works to move it pretty fast.

Reactions: BUTCH1 and cytg111

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
A ton. If you live here in a metro it’s trivial to move them on FB marketplace or Craigslist right now.

I sold a 470 8GB in about 8 hours locally for $385. Dude drove to my house to pick it up, all cash, no fees. Boom.

Remember that in most places people have to pay sales tax on eBay now even for used stuff, so listing under eBay by a bit usually works to move it pretty fast.
Yea, I checked my local craigslist and there was a few way overpriced vid cards for sale. Meanwhile I'm going to dust off and re-grease an AMD 7790 I've had laying around for 2 years from when I switched to Ryzen, they are fetching around $75-125 on Ebay right now!.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
Wait...Are you saying I'll finally be able to buy a 30x0 GPU and it'll all be because of Biden? This is a lot to process!
There was a dip I used it to buy more ETH and MKR but it is ridiculous to think US investors would not buy crypto because of more taxes.

beginner99

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2009
Dang, forgot to even bother seeing how much I might could get for my RX 480 that I don't even game on any more!

I checked "local ebay" here and even my RX 290x seems to go for around $150. Which means I could almost break even after using it for over half a decade...Problem is no igpu. So I would need something else which simply isn't available right now.