My nomination for most moronic poll question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Quinnipiac poll results as reported by Fox News:

"The Quinnipiac University poll also had voters giving Obama high odds for victory in the upcoming presidential debates, the first of which will be held Wednesday. Voters in the poll said they expect Obama to win, 54-28 percent -- though most do not think the debates will change their minds."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ey-has-edge-among-independents/#ixzz289JEOTQ1

I think the obsession with polls has now officially jumped the shark when they start taking polls about who win "win" debates that haven't occurred yet.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Expectations often cloud judgment. If someone expects one person to be a clear victor, then if it's really close, they'll do whatever they need to do mentally to reassure themselves that they were correct.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Looks like the Romney camp didn't really need to bother with downplaying his chances of winning.

Fern

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The Republicans are masters of manipulating the unconscious of the human psyche while maintaining that no unconscious motivations exist that bias their thinking. They are the enemies of truth.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Expectations often cloud judgment. If someone expects one person to be a clear victor, then if it's really close, they'll do whatever they need to do mentally to reassure themselves that they were correct.

Agreed. The poll measures voter expectations which might be of some importance. That said, I'm not sure how to interpret a result like this. It could be good or bad for either candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.