My next upgrade, which should it be?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I've been tossing around the idea for a while and I'm unsure what it should be. I'm trying to get ready for Cyberpunk 2077 but I honestly won't even buy/play it until a solid six months after it's been released just so it gets a decent window for patches. So with that in mind, I was wondering if I should upgrade my RAM and stick with my 1440p 60hz monitor, or wait until next summer for RAM and grab a new 144hz monitor in the fall.

I've also been told I should just bite the bullet and get Windows 10 over my Win7, but I don't think I'm ready to make that leap just yet. I figure if I ultimately have to get Windows 10, I'll just wait for a completely new build and leave this rig alone but a new build isn't even worthwhile yet since I have no issues playing current games.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
What is the planned budget for the build? I would see what are the required specs are for the game first. you may just need to upgrade your RAM instead of building a new system.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I went to the game publisher's website, and there are no hardware requirements listed.

Maybe wait until they publish those, and then decide what will work for you?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
for my gaming system it always seems like a better monitor is more appreciated than any other single component.

I got an ASUS ROG and its so freakin awesome I sometimes think it might be a dream.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I don't honestly have a budget at the moment since I'm making good money again, but if I'm going to be dropping $1,000, I might as well just save it and build a whole new system much later down the line. If I go with the monitor, I would like one that will last me another 10+ years and judging by the reviews on most 1440p/144hz monitors, it seems they are going to hold up nicely for a while. I might look into 4k when 8k are more mainstream but for now, 1440 does just fine for me.

CDPR hasn't released the system requirements, but they have made several comments saying that it will be very similar to how Witcher 3 was handled in comparison to the current hardware at its time of release. So I'm assuming Cyberpunk is going to require fairly high-end hardware to run it at a good frame rate with all the bells and whistles. I was just hoping to get a jump start.

Reactions: whm1974