My newsfeed tells me Demi Lovato is pansexual....?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I still like her no matter what silly name she's calling herself these days. :)

Pulling for her to stay clean ... it's a LONG road she's looking at. Fame and fortune are nothing compared to being comfortable in your own skin! (sadly THAT is not for sale at any price.)

"Watching some good friends scream let me out"

~ David Bowie (Under Pressure)

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Christ, no one cares what you do or don't screw in life.

Well you and I may not but a LOT of people do .... I have no idea why.

:confused_old:

(The only reason I know anything about her at all is she's one of my younger daughter's favorites)

Last edited:
Reactions: K1052

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
What feeds your newsfeed?

Anyway, it's basically like being bisexual, and functionally the terms are more or less interchangeable (ugh, mostly), but pansexuality doesn't include the implication of attraction to male/female only, which in theory could exclude non-binary and agender people, but in practice, not so much.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
new album out eh? publicity is good i guess

She did just release a documentary as well.

While I'm sure she'll happily bank every penny it makes I don't think profit was the primary thing she had in mind this time around.

Demi Lovato Was Sexually Assaulted Night of Overdose, Woke Up Blind: ‘Dancing With the Devil’ Doc Revelations

Apparently also suffered multiple strokes and has permanent brain-damage as a result. Docs said another 10-15 minutes longer before being found she was dead.

:(

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
It's a term for "I'm not normal, please give me attention because I'm different and edgy".

Christ, no one cares what you do or don't screw in life.
Thank you. You basically summed up the way I feel about it too. This is the kind of situation though where if someone comes out as anything but straight and you disagree with them, it's perceived as a hate crime....but announcing it to the news is either a ploy for attention or trying to take the power away from paparazzi's when they post pictures of Demi and all her friends going to the key parties in Olds' basement.

Reactions: Captante
Nov 8, 2012
Thank you. You basically summed up the way I feel about it too. This is the kind of situation though where if someone comes out as anything but straight and you disagree with them, it's perceived as a hate crime....but announcing it to the news is either a ploy for attention or trying to take the power away from paparazzi's when they post pictures of Demi and all her friends going to the key parties in Olds' basement.

The main thing is normalization occurs when you no longer feel the need to tell everyone about it. Until that occurs - it's attention seeking and you're actively looking for approval or opposition.

Doesn't matter what it is - having stupid "holidays" - or "<insert item> month" - it's all the same thing. It accomplishes nothing and actually does the opposite of what you say you want (normalization).

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Probably because if you disagree with someone else's sexuality you need a kick in the teeth.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The main thing is normalization occurs when you no longer feel the need to tell everyone about it. Until that occurs - it's attention seeking and you're actively looking for approval or opposition.

Doesn't matter what it is - having stupid "holidays" - or "<insert item> month" - it's all the same thing. It accomplishes nothing and actually does the opposite of what you say you want (normalization).
Did she run around screaming she is pansexual or did she mention it in a book or an interview and the media blared it all over because millions of people obviously do care about that stuff enough to click on it?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Except not really.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Probably because if you disagree with someone else's sexuality you need a kick in the teeth.
I don't know.... I know a lot of people that would need that kick if they saw the really hot lesbians dancing in the clubs I went to back in the day and wanted to convert them. In the part of the country I live in now, I'm not really into overweight gals that have a can of Skoal in their back pocket.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Did she run around screaming she is pansexual or did she mention it in a book or an interview and the media blared it all over because millions of people obviously do care about that stuff enough to click on it?
I really don't know how it went down. I assume she has a PR person that helps control messages that go out?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I don't know.... I know a lot of people that would need that kick if they saw the really hot lesbians dancing in the clubs I went to back in the day and wanted to convert them. In the part of the country I live in now, I'm not really into overweight gals that have a can of Skoal in their back pocket.

But if the people in question are sexually unattractive to the the watchers in question then "converting" is a-okay? Really.... ? :confused_old:

I think the point MAY have been that an adult's sexual preferences are their business alone. Sucks this even needs to be said.

Reactions: Pohemi and dank69