My new headset not recording System Audio Help.

kennyreid95

Dec 29, 2015
I use Audacity and I would use WASAPI and did not need Stereo Mix enabled with my old headset. Now with my new headset I have to use Stereo Mix, WASAPI won't work anymore, pretty weird issue to say the least. I installed Asus Realtek Driver 6.0.1.7354 I record in Mono. My mic boost is at +0.0db. I plugged in green jack in headphone port to record system audio and it does not work. I had no issue with my old headset recording system audio. Now I have an issue with this new headset. Any help woukd be appreciated. Here is the new headset I bought from Amazon. If you want to buy this headset for yourselves I highly recommend them, they sound great and mic picks up sound really well.

http://www.amazon.com/eTopxizu-Gaming-Headphone-Canceling-Microphone/dp/B015R2LUS6

Last edited:

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Is Windows assigning a special name to the speakers? If not (and I wouldn't expect it to), and you are only using the green audio out, as you did before, I don't see the headset causing your issue.

You did mention the mic. Did you have the mic plugged in when doing the recording? Did you with your old setup that worked? Are you still able to get your old setup to work?

kennyreid95

Dec 29, 2015
Is Windows assigning a special name to the speakers? If not (and I wouldn't expect it to), and you are only using the green audio out, as you did before, I don't see the headset causing your issue.

You did mention the mic. Did you have the mic plugged in when doing the recording? Did you with your old setup that worked? Are you still able to get your old setup to work?

Weird issue is I get an error message in Audacity "Error while opening sound device. Please check the input device settings and the project sample rate." whenever I use WASAPI on any computer with this headset. I set the playback device as headphones and recording device as headphones because my headset green jack is plugged in headphone port and red jack plugged in mic port. Another weird issue is the Asus Realtek audio drivers does not detect headphones when I plug headset or headphones in front headphone port on my computer. I do not see a headphones icon in playback devices nor in volume mixer when I plug in headphones. It only detects it as speakers, I still get sound from headphones but for some weird reason windows detects it as speakers :(

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
The green connection is audio output. That's it, and even now, some sound chips let you select what you want the output to be. It doesn't know if you have this model or that. HDMI can, and USB can, but you are dealing with an old, but still very good, type of connection.

I assume this is the sound chip is built into the board. What board do you have? Have you retried with your old set, to confirm that is still working, as I asked before?

One tip I will give you right off is to pull up the Realtek control panel and make sure all ports are set to what you expect them to be set to.

kennyreid95

Dec 29, 2015
The green connection is audio output. That's it, and even now, some sound chips let you select what you want the output to be. It doesn't know if you have this model or that. HDMI can, and USB can, but you are dealing with an old, but still very good, type of connection.

I assume this is the sound chip is built into the board. What board do you have? Have you retried with your old set, to confirm that is still working, as I asked before?

One tip I will give you right off is to pull up the Realtek control panel and make sure all ports are set to what you expect them to be set to.

The Board is the Asus H97I Plus. Yes I said the older headset worked perfectly fine recording system audio.

kennyreid95

Dec 29, 2015

I would appreciate the help Ketchup :)

Here are my computer specs.

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 380T

CPU: i7 4790k 4.00GHz Quad Core

Motherboard: Asus H97I-Plus

Ram: 8GB

Hard Drives: 500GB HDD and 120 GB SSD Kingston

Power Supply: Corsair RM650 Watt (Modular)

Video Card: MSI R9 270 Twin Frozr 2GB

Water Cooler: Corsair H60 CPU water cooler

Monitor: Acer H257HU

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Hmm, if the old headset works fine, not sure what could be the problem with the new one. It's not like they are using different connections. No real surprises in your setp. Maybe someone else has an idea.

kennyreid95

Dec 29, 2015
Hmm, if the old headset works fine, not sure what could be the problem with the new one. It's not like they are using different connections. No real surprises in your setp. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Yeah maybe someone else can help me out. I have no idea what the problem with my headset is :(