My New Gaming Rig :) !!!!

imported_thefonz

Dec 7, 2005

Just built my first system, here are the specs.

Athlon 64 3200+ (939)
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9
Dual Channel OCZ Gold 2-2-2-5 1gb
Sapphire X800GTO Fireblade ( i was going to get a x1800xl but car troubles,lotsa $$ )
Aspire X-QPACK
Other random stuff dvd burner, etc.

Overall im very happy with the system,the only issues i have are with the motherboard not having any good overclock features for the CPU. Also the vid card fan can get somewhat loud when its running full load.

The best part is that when I overclocked the vid card with ATI tool I got the memory up to 620 before artifacting :Q

I got the core up too 632 before I aborted it myself, I think i could have gone to 640+, but i didn't really wanna fry my new toy :D

I backed of on both the core and ram and im running it at 600/600 now. Ran 3DMark 05 today and got 6100 :D :Q

Also im playing BF2 at 1074x768 (native resoulution) With 6AA and everything on high, It looks great and I'm really impressed for a $220 video card (canadian). Im going to try and bump the res up to see if it will run at 1280x1074.

I'm glad I got the fireblade over the regular gto the differance was only 10 bucks and i just read today it has faster memory so thats why i got the mem so high.

If anyone else has a gto can you post your clocks and your 3DMark i just wanna see how mine compares to other GTO's

jim1976

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2003
Welcome to AT.
While I understand your enthousiasm this is off topic.
As for the clocks in 3dmock do a search I think there's a similar thread for this subject

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Welcome to AT.

If anyone else has a gto can you post your clocks and your 3DMark i just wanna see how mine compares to other GTO's

If you want to get the most comprehensive comparison, check 3dmark.com. After you create an account, you can search and compare scores. This should give you a really good idea of where your card ranks in comparison to other GTO's.