i remember other peeps have had this prob
well i guess NETGEAR is crap
i chucked my linksys router for this POS :|
wrong move
time to RMA

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000

<< plug ur comp into the router and use ie to goto http://192.168.0.1/ then config from there >>

it was like that working fine yesterday
now it dont work
i cant get to router even with 192.168.0.1 :|

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
I found this info which might help on restoring factory defaults to your router [enabling you to get in via 192.168.0.1]:

"RT314 Frequently Asked Questions

I lost my password. How do I get back in to the router?

You must clear the configuration by loading the initialization file (romfile0.311) through the serial port. Refer to the Reference manual or to the application note on "Uploading New Software and Restoring Defaults".
"

Link

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Haha!! I had the same problem with a POS Linksys BEFSR41.
I COULD NOT access the setup of the router but my cable was working just fine cause i did the single PC test too.. The thing was bunked out.. i dunno WTF happened but I took it back and went ICS instead... that thing sucked... but that's strange you were having the same problem on the Netgear.. Netgear usually rocks.. while Linksys I have had problems with 2 out of 3 products I have ever owned by them.....

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000

<< Haha!! I had the same problem with a POS Linksys BEFSR41.
I COULD NOT access the setup of the router but my cable was working just fine cause i did the single PC test too.. The thing was bunked out.. i dunno WTF happened but I took it back and went ICS instead... that thing sucked... but that's strange you were having the same problem on the Netgear.. Netgear usually rocks.. while Linksys I have had problems with 2 out of 3 products I have ever owned by them.....
>>

i sold my 1.5 yr old linksys for this pos :|

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I know 3COM makes a router... I have heard of ppl who sell them say ppl come back saying how content they are with those.. It sounded pretty good to me.. but I did not get sucked in cause I don't even really think a router is worth while... at least not in my case...

but anyways, that is also a possibility.