My nephew denied a job because of Obamacare!

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
My nephew has been applying for a forklift job but has been told that they are only hiring temps right now on occassion as needed because its too expensive to hire with Obamacare looming.

The Black Magic Kenyan is going to run up another trillion in debt and force people to work as temps. :'(

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
right. blame Obamacare.

Perhaps your nephew should re-invest in a more modern skill set?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
right. blame Obamacare.

Perhaps your nephew should re-invest in a more modern skill set?

Unfortunately he is just a common laborer at the moment with a certificate to drive certain types of fork lifts. He was working for General Mills around here but is now in El Paso with his hoochie mama lookin' for a job.

El Paso / East New Mexico is a terrible job market and increasing employee expenses does not help.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Businesses love excuses for treating workers like crap. They are probably loving Obamacare, it is a great boogeyman.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
My nephew has been applying for a forklift job but has been told that they are only hiring temps right now on occassion as needed because its too expensive to hire with Obamacare looming.

The Black Magic Kenyan is going to run up another trillion in debt and force people to work as temps. :'(

Who says Repuglicants aren't racist?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Who says Repuglicants aren't racist?

Its not racist you derp.

The inspiration came from one of my old favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaKnRUfh_5I

"Black Magic Woman" is a song written by Peter Green that first appeared as a Fleetwood Mac single in various countries in 1968, subsequently appearing on the 1969 Fleetwood Mac compilation albums English Rose (US) and The Pious Bird of Good Omen (UK). It became a classic hit by Santana in 1970

The nerve to suggest the nephew is to blame. That pos obama has no right to put in obamacare and stuff like this is going to become more common

The post above suggests that the job market is bad in the area, adding soaring healthcare costs just makes it worse for everyone.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The nerve to suggest the nephew is to blame. That pos obama has no right to put in obamacare and stuff like this is going to become more common

right, secret muslim kenyan obama is to blame.

we know your schtick, Incorruptible. It impresses no one.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Its not racist you derp.

The inspiration came from one of my old favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaKnRUfh_5I

"Black Magic Woman" is a song written by Peter Green that first appeared as a Fleetwood Mac single in various countries in 1968, subsequently appearing on the 1969 Fleetwood Mac compilation albums English Rose (US) and The Pious Bird of Good Omen (UK). It became a classic hit by Santana in 1970

The post above suggests that the job market is bad in the area, adding soaring healthcare costs just makes it worse for everyone.

Hey dumbass was the song written by a Kenyan?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Awesome,

Word of mouth has gone from "You didn't get the job because of Affirmative Action" to "You didn't get the job because of Obamacare."

Sure beats telling people "We didn't hire you because we don't want you to work here"

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Awesome,

Word of mouth has gone from "You didn't get the job because of Affirmative Action" to "You didn't get the job because of Obamacare."

Sure beats telling people "We didn't hire you because we don't want you to work here"

It's easier to blame something else than to say you just weren't wanted.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Awesome,

This, but I'd take it a step further. Companies will be using this as yet another excuse in their race to the bottom with regards to wages/benefits.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
I went deer hunting last weekend with some republicans, at the end of the hunt they were absolutely certain that the reason we didn't see any deer was because of Obamacare:rolleyes:

Apr 27, 2012
right, secret muslim kenyan obama is to blame.

we know your schtick, Incorruptible. It impresses no one.

Because he imposed extra costs on a business, they have to cut costs somehow and this is what happened. The fact that this guy couldn't get a job because of obamacare any many others will be screwed is enough to get rid of obamacare

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I went deer hunting last weekend with some republicans, at the end of the hunt they were absolutely certain that the reason we didn't see any deer was because of Obamacare:rolleyes:

I suppose healthcare for deer would be expensive during that time frame.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Because he imposed extra costs on a business, they have to cut costs somehow and this is what happened. The fact that this guy couldn't get a job because of obamacare any many others will be screwed is enough to get rid of obamacare

That won't happen. The libs will see our economy crash and burn before they admit they're wrong.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I think to say "He didn't get a job because of the Affordable Care Act" is premature.

A more appropriate statement would be "He didn't get a job because of economic uncertainty", which is most likely true. That the ACA contributes to economic uncertainty does not lead to causation as to the statement in the thread title.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
The OPs nephew may or may not have lost a job opportunity because of Obamacare.

This much is clear, when you cause employees to cost businesses more money there will be less employees than there otherwise would have been.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
Those that hate Obamacare and all things democratic would have you believe that employees are hired or fired soley based on the employment costs of said employee.
If that where the case it would be easy to run a business, have 0 employees, 0 employment expenses and keep all your profits $$$.

Claiming your laying off or foregoing hiring because of a particular government policy is dishonest and playing politics plain and simple. Anybody that actually runs their business this way is not too bright and deserves what they get.