My neck is sore as heck...

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I play hockey in an adult hockey league (ASHL - adult safe hockey league) today during my hockey game some guy punched me in the face during a scrum in front of our net. I turned around and gave him a cross check.

Bad move...

This guy was like 6'2 and 220 lbs. A real monster. As we we're skating to our bench, he decided he wasn't finished and he wanted to fight me. We started to exchange punches (he got me pretty good in in the jaw), but then he got real cheap and dirty. He grabbed me around the neck and basically did a 'neck breaker' move (something like you'd see in the WWF) and then pinned me to the ice and tried choking me. Stupid psycho.

Anyway, my neck has been pretty sore since then, but it doesn't seem like anything is wrong (I'm still walking). When I was watching a movie tonight and got up, I felt and heard a big cracking sound in my neck and it got really, really sore.

Should I go to the doctor? or wait a few days and see how I feel?

I can't stand it when these guys play so intense they think they are trying to impress NHL scouts! It's supposed to be a freaking fun league and I could have been paralyzed by some stupid motherfscker!

Hamburgerpimp

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
Your neck is sore? Well, my jaw is jacked up. My buddy and I blew the airbags out in a Rental Car. The passenger side one hits you square in the face. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

IcemanJer

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
I'd give is a day. Put some ice on it, make sure your neck is supported by a blanket or something and you're not tilting your head too much when you sleep. See if it's still sore on Monday. If it is then I'd probably check in at the doctor's.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
I'd get it checked out now. Neck injuries can be very tricky. Why do you think medics are so careful when applying neck braces, etc.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000

<< ASHL - adult safe hockey league >>

Is that even possible? :) Anyway, I hope your neck is OK. I would say to definately go to the doctor if it doesn't seem to get better. You could just be making it worse.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Definitely see a doctor if it isn't much better by Monday.

Neck pain can be an indication of more serious internal damage.

I got whiplash, twice - once 5 years ago by a Honolulu City bus that hit me from behind at a red light and again 2 months ago by a dot com delivery truck at a red light.

The first accident produced a herniated disk with all the rest bulging. Complete recovery after 3 1/2 years of mostly alternative therapy (the MDs have little beyond pain killers which are a disaster for long-term use) is now replaced by a repeat pain performance.

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
i say go to the doctor, get it x-rayed....at least that way you can be told how much activity you can partake in or stay away from until you fully recover...

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

<< at least you didnt hit your neck on the steering wheel. >>

Seatbelts. I just wish the airbags worked on a rear impact (I think).

Anyway, with any injury, get it checked out if it doesn't get noticeably better in a reasonable quick time. MD for the diagnosis. Alternative for the therapy, if needed.