My name

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
For the record, my name has nothing to do with building bridges or that bridge building software.

I had never even heard of that software until someone on this forum mentioned it.

My name comes from something in a Neal Stephenson book. We have plenty of his fans here, I'm surprised you guys don't know this.

Anyway, I'm not even sure why I used that name to begin with, I guess it just sounded cool.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
I would've choosen "Pontificat0r" but that's just me. Now build me a bridge and get your ass to Mars!

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
It doesn't really look like you had 1,000 people saying "Wow dude, does your name have anything to do with that software?" so why did you post this?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: MichaelD
It doesn't really look like you had 1,000 people saying "Wow dude, does your name have anything to do with that software?" so why did you post this?

coming from a lifer...
because enough people have said it...

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: MichaelD

coming from a lifer...
because enough people have said it...

What does my forum status have to do with what I said? And YOU have 7569 posts in just 7 months. Would you like to insert your other foot in your mouth yourself, or would you like some help?

/smack

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
For the record, my name has nothing to do with building bridges or that bridge building software.

I had never even heard of that software until someone on this forum mentioned it.

My name comes from something in a Neal Stephenson book. We have plenty of his fans here, I'm surprised you guys don't know this.

Anyway, I'm not even sure why I used that name to begin with, I guess it just sounded cool.

Your name does have something to do with building bridges - Neal Stephenson makes a point of that when Randy and Enoch are chatting it up in the phillipine's jail.

BTW, good name choice, fantastic author.

post #4000?! This job is going to make a lifer out of me yet!

haha, I bought pontifex the bridge building game, too. Fun game, especially for nerds. Look into it, it's worth the small cost.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: buck
Can you please update your myspace page to reflect this?

sorry, i don't use myspace. you'll have to get your myspace fix somewhere else.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: LordMorpheus

Your name does have something to do with building bridges - Neal Stephenson makes a point of that when Randy and Enoch are chatting it up in the phillipine's jail.

BTW, good name choice, fantastic author.

really? i don't remember that part in the book. pontifex was the name of the encryption algorithm used with the playing cards, right?

its been awhile since i read the book.