My Muslim friend is eating pork

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
WTF?????

He is 21 years old and he is my boss's kid. He is eating pork, but his parents don't know about it. I won't tell them either.

I think he's doing it as a form of rebellion. I am not sure what to think.

Discuss?

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
What you want to do (as long as it doesn't hurt others) > Religion

ravana

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2002
My friend thought Pork Fried Rice was the best fried rice he had ever had in his life until he found out that it was Pork Fried Rice....people sometimes go blind with hunger :)

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Have him wash it down with a 40 of King Cobra and go play some poker -- go for the trifecta!

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
maybe his stomach won't take. if he hasn't eaten it in his entire life, then his body may not be used to it.

it sounds like rebellion. i've been through those phases before. however, with all that being said and done, i know my parents have invested their lives into me and i wouldn't go too far off their path -- plus, i see no reason to.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: DAGTA
Does he believe it is wrong to eat pork?
his religion says it is, but he is doing it anyway.

I don't discuss religion with him.

Good for him, pork tastes wonderful. I feel sorry for thoes religious fools that deny themselves pork.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
I worked with some muslims at Lexmark back in the day, they had those little 2 packs of sausage biscuits in the vending machine. He ate some every day, and one day while asking about his religion i learned that they do not eat pork. I asked him why he ate the sausage biscuits, and he thought they were beef. Man i felt sorry for him, just by the look on his face. I wonder what kind of penance he did?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SampSon
Good for him, pork tastes wonderful. I feel sorry for thoes religious fools that deny themselves pork.
Wait until he gets trichinosis.

Originally posted by: Iron Woode

Wait till you get into a car accident.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: buck

Wait till you get into a car accident.
I have been a few already. :confused:

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DAGTA
Does he believe it is wrong to eat pork?
his religion says it is, but he is doing it anyway.

I don't discuss religion with him.

I ask because I'm not familiar with the wording in the Muslim texts.

In the Christian texts, Jesus says, "It is not what goes into a man that makes him unclean, but what comes out of him." So, basically, any food is acceptable if you believe it is ok. I wonder if your friend feels that way or is just rebelling.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
As long as he doesn't die when it's in his system, he's still fine, right?
This is not a biological issue or even a dietary one. This is a religious issue.

Personally I could careless what anybody eats, but being that he is Muslim, he has certain obligations to his religion. If he decides to abondon his religious beliefs that is fine with me.

UlricT

Golden Member
Jul 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Joemonkey
I worked with some muslims at Lexmark back in the day, they had those little 2 packs of sausage biscuits in the vending machine. He ate some every day, and one day while asking about his religion i learned that they do not eat pork. I asked him why he ate the sausage biscuits, and he thought they were beef. Man i felt sorry for him, just by the look on his face. I wonder what kind of penance he did?

I think it doesn't matter useless you are doing it willfully. If you ate it without fore-knowledge, you still get the heaven route.