My mom spends $40/mo on that shady "Protandim" vitamin stuff

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikesoldier

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Just to give you an idea, taken from a blog post about the "new" guidelines (2009):

Straight from the FTC:

Now, it's not likely you're going to go to jail over this kind of deceptive advertising, but the FTC has fined non-compliant advertisers lots and lots of money ($50,000 per offense is usually the starting point) AND they are more than happy to hold parent companies responsible for the actions of their affiliates / distributors / whatever they want to call themselves.

In case anyone really wants to ruin his day:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Yep nVidia got called out on this a while ago, now all of their shills have to report their relationship as they troll forums.

Same thing with Intel and Newegg we see here: They are CLEARLY repping either company in their username/handles or signature.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
lol, he ran for city council in pleasant view, utah in 2009.

i wonder if that's his personal phone number... :hmm:

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Turns out this guy has another website at http://www.jefflundgren.com. In one of his recent blog posts, he answers someone's question about Protandim by saying "I have no affiliation with this product". Then in his blog's sidebar he links to his Facebook page (same guy who posted here), as well as his studynrf2.com, the other website he owns.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Turns out this guy has another website at (link). In one of his recent blog posts, he answers someone's question about Protandim by saying "I have no affiliation with this product". Then in his blog's sidebar he links to his Facebook page (same guy who posted here), as well as his (another link), the other website he owns.

by posting his link, you're actually helping him. i suggest editing your post to remove his link. don't improve his google rank.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
Turns out this guy has another website at. In one of his recent blog posts, he answers someone's question about Protandim by saying "I have no affiliation with this product". Then in his blog's sidebar he links to his Facebook page (same guy who posted here), as well as his studynrf2.com, the other website he owns.

Tricky internet! So hard to hide connections!

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Also, his profile on MLMsocial.com got deleted sometime in the past hour or so, but you can view a cached version of it here. lol

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Please tell me one of you guys at least reported all of this (with links to cached pages) to the FTC.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
by posting his link, you're actually helping him. i suggest editing your post to remove his link. don't improve his google rank.

All the links here are no-follow, it won't help him much. Thanks to Xrumer, Google doesn't put much value in forum links.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
pose as a door-to-door salesman. give a him a taste of his own medicine. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.