My mom rocks!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
L

Lola

parents really are great. I realized this when i left home and started living on my own!:D

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
I loooooove my mommy

I Looooooove your mommy too!

She's really good in bed!

amish ;)
You're absolutely rotten, Amish. :p

Jean - I will always be my mom's 'baby' even when I'm old and married for about 25 years with a million kids. ;) heehee

I will never buy my grown-up kids groceries. But I'm the dad, and that's my job.
Well, she knows I'm looking for work and have no money right now. Besides...when I have money and she needs something, I don't hesitate to get things she needs. :D Gotta watch out for each other, ya know? We're all we've got.

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Yes, yes I am. I should be punished.
Watch it or I'll throw you over my knee!

I thought you already were.....

amish
You're really pushing it today, mister. You're older than me and you're the married one, thank you. :p I'm still young (ish) and I'm quite single. Heehee

jemcam

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Just remember to return the favor in 20 years or so if you're fortunate enough to still have her around. I help my Mom (and parents-in-law) whenever I can.

They get their paybacks when they're older and will continue to get paybacks in their retirement.

hzl eyed grl

Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Watch it or I'll throw you over my knee!

Best offer I've had all day. ;)

amish
LOL Right on. Wait a minute....you're not supposed to like it. You're supposed to be scared! Damn. :p

Just remember to return the favor in 20 years or so if you're fortunate enough to still have her around. I help my Mom (and parents-in-law) whenever I can.

They get their paybacks when they're older and will continue to get paybacks in their retirement.
I've always got my mom's back. :D

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: hzl_eyed_grl

I've always got my mom's back. :D

Cool! I've got your mom's front! :p

(you're making this too easy) ;)

amish

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
My mom rocks too. She sends me beer store gift certificates in the mail @ college. She knows I'm responsible when drinking, so she's got no issues. :D

bmd

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: LordUnum

My best friend graduated over a year ago, and although he's plenty grateful for the education, he still bemoans the (virtually complete) loss of social life during those four years. Looking back, he said he might do things differently if he knew what he'd have to endure. I guess you already know what you're heading into.

One thing's for sure: the quality of schooling you'll get there has little-to-no comparison. Of course, you probably know this as well. If you have no problem dedicating and maintaining focus on your goals, you definitely won't regret the four years you spend in beautiful Pasadena. Good luck, and go Beavs! :p
The work load is going to be hellish but I think I'm up to it. Hopefully the loss of social life is made up for somewhat by the camaraderie within each house and within the entire school knowing we are all busting our humps to keep up.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: hzl_eyed_grl
Tonight, my mom came over to see me. We went to the store for me to get some ice. Well, she bought groceries for me. :D She is so cool. I loooooove my mommy! heehee (Yeah, I'm a spoiled only child. So what?) :p

haha awomse, there is nothing wrong with that :)

my mommie will call before i leave school to come home, then she goes out and picks up food just in time so that it is there when i get home. :-D

stev0 <- loves his mommie and not afraid to show it :)

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
<-- momma's boy. But I move out in less than 2 months! Woohoo.

My mom was caught running a stop sign! I am going to have her arrested! What a menace to society! ;)