My little angel.

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
"You are the greatest.....Mommy and Daddy". That is what I hear from my precious daughter all the time.:)

Today is my youngest daughter's birthday and I am blessed to have a such wonderful child in my life.
She is a such happy little girl, I can't remember last time she cried. When I get home from work,
she'll run toward me with a big smile and say "Daddddddddy" and gives me a big hug and a kiss,
which instantly makes me forget the daily grind of my hectic life. :D

Just posting my happy thoughts, that is all.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Happy Birthday to your daughter SlowSS :)

Sounds like you have a wonderfull child :D

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Nohr
Hehe cute. I'd like a daughter of my own some day. :)

$2k, up front... meet me around back.

:Q

Happy birthday, SlowSS's daughter!

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Nohr
Hehe cute. I'd like a daughter of my own some day. :)

yeah, me too. I guess I need to get the wife too.

Happy birthday. So what did you get her and how old?

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Thank you all for wishing her a happy birthday.:)

She is 6 years old today, it seems like it was only yesterday when I was cutting her cord in the delivery room.

I bought her a small computer (one with word and math games) with keyboard and a mouse, a boom box, dresses and a diary that she wanted.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: SlowSS
"You are the greatest.....Mommy and Daddy". That is what I hear from my precious daughter all the time.:)

Today is my youngest daughter's birthday and I am blessed to have a such wonderful child in my life.
She is a such happy little girl, I can't remember last time she cried. When I get home from work,
she'll run toward me with a big smile and say "Daddddddddy" and gives me a big hug and a kiss,

Enjoy it while you can because before you know it she will be a teenager.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Heh, so true.

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Zakath15
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Heh, so true.

Yeah, I know exactly what you guys are talking about. But again, I am lucky to have two wonderful teens.

My oldest will be 15 in two weeks and our middle child will be 13 in April.
Both girls are straight "A" students and are in accelerated classes.
In fact, they have always received A's ever since they started to receive letter grades.
They do homework and study as soon as they get home without us telling them to do so.
My oldest is a cheerleader, dancer and part time model but she is very down to earth
who is a very caring person.

They are highly motivated to succeed, their 4-year college(UCLA) tuition is already paid for
but they know that they still have to compete for the entrance so they are taking hardest
courses to ensure they are properly prepared for the SAT/ACT. The oldest one voluntarily
attended summer school to complete PE class so that she would be able to take extra
courses during regular school session.

No, I don't put any pressure on them, in fact, I'm pretty laid back with them, I don't have
much of rules around my house, all I ask of them is be responsible, don't put blame on
somebody else, and be respectful of others.

Yeah, I'm blessed.:)

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
:Q You are lucky. Either you should write a book on how to raise kids or you + the Mrs. have good genes or even maybe both.

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: ReelC00L
:Q You are lucky. Either you should write a book on how to raise kids or you + the Mrs. have good genes or even maybe both.

I think they are the byproduct of my wife because I was always gone on military deployments.
What we did was set stern ground rules when they were little babies and were very consistant with our rules.
Eventually they undertood that we will not tolerate bad behavior. I think we only had to spank them couple of times
when they were young and now we hardly have to raise our voices. Sure, they have their moments
but nothing like what I see with other teens.

What does bother me is the cost of raising girls, they are friggin expensive. They are draining my bank account.
But, I don't mind spending money on them because they are such good kids.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
SlowSS. Its kind of nice to know that you have great kids. All you see and hear nowadays is teenage rebellion and kids talking back and insulting their parents.
I hope that I have kids like yours one day.

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Mustangrrl
Aww... she's a little groundhog day baby! Ask her if she saw her shadow ;)

Haha...I actually asked her, she gave me that "what are you talking about look" and said no.:)

vladgur

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2000

She is 6 years old today, it seems like it was only yesterday when I was cutting her cord in the delivery room.

I give her about 7 years before she founds out that youre old, uncool and geeky. Then she'll be asking you to drop her off one block away from school

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
My g/f and I can't wait to have kids. Unfortunately they're one of those things that'll just have to wait a few years (gotta get married, save money, yadda yadda) but I know for a fact we'll have the cutest kids on the planet. :p

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: vladgur

I give her about 7 years before she founds out that youre old, uncool and geeky. Then she'll be asking you to drop her off one block away from school
Reminds me of MWC.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Children are blessing. My son is 6y/o and my daughter will be 3 months old this week. How could I ever live without them?!

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: vladgur

LOL, my 15 year old daughter thinks I'm pretty cool, especially when I drive her somewhere in my SS.:D