My Life on AT.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Back in '99 a friend of mine pointed out this site. He said it was a great place to find deals on computer parts. I looked around the forums, and saw a web biased chat room, which didn't appeal to me. However, I did see many thought through articles on computer hardware, which kept me coming back daily.

I spent a little over year just reading articles, and occasionally checking out Hot Deals, looking for stuff I wanted, but did not need. I came across Russ, RossMAN and PAB, the people who could get blood from a rock. I am still in awe of the way they get stuff from companies, and get the company to pay THEM for it. But still, I hid in the shadows.

Then, I found the Distributed Computing forum. There I found people who enjoyed searching for ET among other things, and I signed up so that I may converse with them. That was way back in February of 2001. For many moons I just lurked in the shadows of this forum, just interjecting here and there, trying to get a feel for how AT worked. I met many people in the DC forum, a few I treasure as true friends. They know who they are.

Then a suggestion was made in FI about a Highly Technical Forum. Here were the posts that brought out the people who have computers in their heads, and know more about Fabbing a CPU than Jerboy knew about complaining. Here, my true love came out, the one for math and physics. I meaningful discussion on water cooled homes, and the coefficient of friction come out of the woodwork.

On one of my forays switching between the DC and Hot deals forums, I hit the Off Topic Forum. Here I found people like NFS4, LAUST, and Roger who share my enthusiasm for the Internal Combustion engine. In addition, posts about non-computer related stuff abound, stretching my mind and my horizons. Only in OT would I find that the tithe for Christians should be %10 of their income, and that Adul is really a guy. Well, at least I am pretty sure. The OT forum is defined by words such as Nef, OMG!, st@b, j00, all your base, Shmabbles, and many others. Only in OT.

So here I am. Evadman. Post number 10,001. when I first started, I can admit I nefed my way to 1000 posts. 10,000 seemed totally out of the question. I just stopped caring about my postcount, and still don't care. But it seems like 10,000 posts is a huge milestone here, so I chose to post this. This is probably the only post I will EVER run though a spellchecker, so get used to it.

Thanks AT.

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Wow! :)

Seemed like only yesterday i looked and you were on about 7k posts, and the day before that you were close to 4k.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Dave :)

Garry

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
1:Q:,:Q:Q:Q!! Do you have that many WUs? :D Congrats (I guess :confused: )

Anyway, thanks for being a great TeAm Mate!!

muttley

Jun 2, 2001
water cooled homes, can that be down with a shallow ground well pump?

This is probably the only post I will EVER run though a spellchecker.

hahah

muttley

Evadman

Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: muttley
water cooled homes, can that be down with a shallow ground well pump?

I was actually asking about cooling a ton of computers, but the topic is the same.

Thread with info.

Factor5

Aug 27, 2000
Congrats..... seems as though we started out the same, you and i both lurking.... only thing is... i only came out of the woodwork at the beginning of last month.....

Evadman

Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Congrats Evad & great TeAmmate. Roger likes Internal Combustion Engines huh, Donna's engine blew up today, a 2000 Neon, Dodge dealer wants $2000 to rebuild the motor. :(

It's not under Warranty? :Q

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
No, she drives 90 miles a day so it already has 68,000 miles, the warranty was up at 36k. Last year the transmission went at 36,400 miles, they wanted $2,000 for a new transmission but after screaming about it they siad they would prorate it like a battery and charged us $200. This time with the head they are saying I don't know how to out in a spark plug to add insult to injury. I've only been changing spark plugs for at least the last 25 years and have never have a engine disintegrate like this.

Wolfie

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wow, 41 posts since the original.. You wouldn't want to break your habbit now would you? :D hehe

Congrats and as a original (old member?) all I can say is you know what kind of people this place harnesses.. and that is one thing that I will never forget...

Wolfie

deerslayer

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
I will never buy an American car again.

Never heard anything good about a neon.

In fact, on the radio the other day there was a joke that went "Neon owners are the only people on this planet that see a metro and say 'damn, i'm gonna drive one of those one day' " :D

Evadman

Feb 18, 2001
Just over 22 hours after this post, I now have 74 more posts. No signs of slowing down here :p