My Journy in search for Dreamcast!

JimboTheConquer

Feb 24, 2001
1.Bestbuy - went their and they sayd that they will not be getting any more in!
2.Target - Also not getting any more in
3.Funcoland - Also not getting any more in
4.Toys-R-Us - NOO DC still
5.Software ect.(in mall) - they had 4 in for $59 each

but as we went to these differant stores this is what happend.

Super Smash Bros.
I played this game today at toys are us...i was their with my friend we wer shopping for an Dreamcast for him... we saw gamecube and super smash bros on pause so we unpaused it and began to play this so called bad ass game... and the graphics were great... but i don`t understand what all the hype is all about! i have herd several kids in my classes in school say that their going to buy the GC just for that game because it is so bad ass! i don`t understand... it wasn`t great it was a game i would buy it if i had a GC! but i wouldn`t buy a GC just for some gay mario game!

Halo
i was in funcoland today still searching for a DC and my friend was at the counter buying 2 games and a vmu for it so that when he got DC he would have some games. so they were getting the games out of their drawrs and i was listinng to this Employee talking to a costomer on the phone and the costomer asked if Halo was a good game and the employee told the guy that halo wasn`t a good game because it was to repitive and that you get all the wepons in the first level (Which you don`t). This made me mad. Shouldn`t Funcoland try to be selling PS2 GC ,and Box ...

every-1 i know is sold on this GC children game (no blood) crap... i don`t get this!

GC - has some good games that i would like to play...don`t get me wrong. i mean i would like to remember when i was 6yrs. old and playing the same games as i was then just to rember the good old days...

PS2 - Rox it has a huge library of games to choose from i enjoy playing the PS2... i read on sony.com that they were going to launch PS3 in 2004... can`t find the url tho :(

X-Box - Strongest system of them all...But with its huge price of $300, it detours mostly everyone! (you get what you pay for).

-Jimbo

P.S. I am looking forward to Pikechu's Quest to Puberty Now thats a game that all the kiddies are going to enjoy!

Burnt

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2001
Wasn't there an article about how sega was going to start making dreamcasts again for next year? Or was that just in Japan?

EDIT: Check Amazon.com, I think they had some.

JimboTheConquer

Feb 24, 2001
i have never herd that... i thought DC was going to stop making them all together and focus on Box , GX, and PS2.

can`t beat it at $60!!!

-Jimbo

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Did you play SSBM by yourself or with friends?

I get pretty board when I start playing it by myself....but with friends it's just crazy.

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000

<< i have never herd that... i thought DC was going to stop making them all together and focus on Box , GX, and PS2.

can`t beat it at $60!!!

-Jimbo
>>

Why in the world would Dreamcast focus on any of the competition? Sega is so far behind the game now, their only hope would be too trump everyone with a new system in 6 months, that beat the rest, but there is NO WAY that is gonna happen.

Sega just needs to focus on making DC all it can be.

JimboTheConquer

Feb 24, 2001

<< Why in the world would Dreamcast focus on any of the competition? >>

their in the process of making several games for BOX , GC , and PS2! atm!

-Jimbo

ucvb6

May 30, 2001
and you call yourself a conqueror? :Q j/k

their was some guy on the forum that bought 5 dreamcasts at target for $20 each(he even posted a pic of his receipt)

i went to target near my school and they were selling it for $50.

have you tried kaybee toys?

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
Sega dropped out of the hardware market a while ago. Their sole focus there now is getting rid of all the leftover Dreamcast stock so they can officially get over it and move on. They are a third party now, making games for all the next generation systems.

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
if i were an employee of some store that sold consoles, i too would not recommend the xbox. i never played any of the xbox games for a long period of time but i have my reasons not to advocate it.

i already have a $300 console (PS2) and i dont want another $300 one. id rather be focused on purchasing games and by buying a gamecube, i'll already have a $100 headstart on games over the xbox.

i used a couple of microsofts products and for the most part, i am not happy with them. i got a dead microsoft intellimouse explorer so i found an alternative in the logitech cordless freedom optical set. although i use winXP, it is far from perfect but still better than the competition (for me at least) so i'm forced to use it by default. and this xbox, i'd rather stick with sony and nintendo. it's all about experience.

JimboTheConquer

Feb 24, 2001

<< 2.Target - Also not getting any more in >>

hmmmmmmmm... maby that was the second thing i sayd... correct me if i am wrong

JimboTheConquer

Feb 24, 2001

<< i'll already have a $100 headstart on games over the xbox. >>

yeah you save that $100 and buy a couple of these bad ass games ... to name a fiew!

1.Bear in the Big Blue House
2.Animal Forest Plus
3.Disneys Tarzen Untamed
4.Mickey
5.Pikeman
6.Super Monkey Ball
7.Universal studios Park adventure

these are great games!!! IF YOUR TWO YEARS OLD!

-Jimbo

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
hey.. super monkey ball is the best multiplayer game recently.

and rogue leader is no 2 year old game.

what about resident evil? i think thats a gamecube exclusive for now.

you are so narrowminded for saying gamecube is only for the kids. alot of my friends (college students) prefer the gamecube over xbox for multiplayer fun factor. to me, xbox doesnt have that now.

JimboTheConquer

Feb 24, 2001

<< you are so narrowminded for saying gamecube is only for the kids. alot of my friends (college students) prefer the gamecube over xbox for multiplayer fun factor. to me, xbox doesnt have that now. >>

ohhh you got me! GC is for adults and teenagers because your "friends" prefer GC over BOX ?

-Jimbo
P.S. i am going to have to go ask my "friends" if they think these games
(1.Bear in the Big Blue House
2.Animal Forest Plus
3.Disneys Tarzen Untamed
4.Mickey
5.Pikeman
6.Super Monkey Ball
7.Universal studios Park adventure)
have a "fun factor"!

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
<< you are so narrowminded for saying gamecube is only for the kids. alot of my friends (college students) prefer the gamecube over xbox for multiplayer fun factor. to me, xbox doesnt have that now. >>

<< ohhh you got me! GC is for adults and teenagers because your "friends" prefer GC over BOX ? >>

exactly. even though my friends maybe a minority, it only takes a minority to make the gamecube "non-kid" exclusive unlike the way you think of the GC.

for a person to become a theif, he needs to steal only once. for a person to become a liar, he needs to only lie once. for the gamecube to become "non-kid" exclusive, a minimum of only 1 adult needs to like it to prove that point.

JimboTheConquer

Feb 24, 2001

<< a minimum of only 1 adult needs to like it to prove that point. >>

1.Bear in the Big Blue House
2.Animal Forest Plus
3.Disneys Tarzen Untamed
4.Mickey
5.Pikeman
6.Super Monkey Ball
7.Universal studios Park adventure

... and where does "no-kid" come in? you adult you?

-Jimbo

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
like i said earlier..

"non-kid" games can come in the forms of Resident Evil and Rogue Leader. what elementary kid is gonna play resident evil. unless that has become a kid game since everyone is desensitized.

JimboTheConquer

Feb 24, 2001
half of all the games for GC or for little kids and the other half are for the adults that are still little kids on the inside!

98% of all Box game "for men and it only takes one man to prove that!"

-Jimbo

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
98% of the xbox games id rather stay away from too. only 2 games come to mind if i manage to get an xbox... wwf raw and also DOA3. other than that, to me the assortment of games xbox has to offer is full of sh*t.

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
halo = 1player = friends left out if i play. for the most part, i dont play console games by myself. thats why i didnt buy MGS2 yet for ps2. ill eventually buy it for collection value.. but till then, im buying mostly multiplayer ps2 games. so far, smackdown is the best one i have for ps2.

edit: sure halo has multiplayer functionality. i dont know a single close friend who has one, let alone me.

littlegohan

Oct 10, 2001
Get a PS2

right now it has alwsome games like ff10, metal gear 2, grandtheft 3, max payne, devil may cry
these are all excellent titles

The games I recommend you getting for your dc are spawn (mutliplayer death match) powerstone 2, shenmue 2 (1 kinda sucks so dont get it), soul calibur and that it

dont get jet grind radio, it sucks

kaymin

Jul 21, 2001

<< Wasn't there an article about how sega was going to start making dreamcasts again for next year? Or was that just in Japan?

EDIT: Check Amazon.com, I think they had some.
>>

i read somewhere that they were taking the segas from american and shipping them to japan since the new price was so popular there. :(

i got my DC (pre nov 2000) on ebay...costed a lil more than 49.99 but it was worth it i think.