Question My internet randomly Disconnects while playing games!

AndrewTheOne

Aug 6, 2020
I've had this issue for months that when im playing a game i randomly disconnect for about 10-15s and then its fine again. Sometimes it happens frequently and sometimes it doesnt happen but once and hour. I've had very few occasions were its never happened at least once in a day. My internet is fine other than those disconnects though. I never get ping spikes or lag issues at all unless its the disconnects. CAN SOME ONE HELP ME PLS!

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Wired, or wireless? Any torrents going on, on either your machine, or another PC in the house connected to the router?

What ISP, and what router or gateway model?

AndrewTheOne

Aug 6, 2020
im using a Ethernet cable. IDK what torrents are and im the only PC on this ethernet cable. There is another pc connected to the internet though. The ISP is a local one.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
In that case, there are several possibilities:
1) The cable is faulty or flaky.
2) The port on the router that you are connected to is faulty or flaky.
3) The NIC on your PC or motherboard is faulty or flaky.
4) Security software suite on your PC is causing lag, processing packets in a deferred manner, because your game is taking all of the CPU time.
5) The router is flaky, or it's PSU (brick).
6) The other PC is causing interference with your PC's use of the internet, by hogging bandwidth, such as using torrents, or streaming, or big downloads.
7) Your ISP connection is flaky or bad, or you don't have enough bandwidth to go around between both PCs connected to your router.