My Integrated Circuit part of my old lawn mower got dead

kaenu34

Jan 22, 2020
Hello everyone
My Integrated Circuit part of my old lawn mower got dead :( Will anyone be able to help me with this issue?
The lawn mower I am using is MAKITA XML02Z 18V X2 :/ I am not able to find the IC parts :(
Your suggestions might help me
Cheers

Moved to the proper forum.

Daveybrat
AT Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hello everyone
My Integrated Circuit part of my old lawn mower got dead :( Will anyone be able to help me with this issue?
The lawn mower I am using is MAKITA XML02Z 18V X2 :/ I am not able to find the IC parts :(
Your suggestions might help me
Cheers
Go here instead as this subforum deal with building computers only.

Micrornd

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013
Parts manual here -

Make sure which you want, but from your description its Section 1 #25 Controller - Makita part # 620479-5
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/controller-xml02-p-2979326.html $70.68

Are you positive it's not the switch Section 3 #95 Switch - Makita # 650730-9
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/switch-tg72bd6-xsh01-p-1860565.html $10.26

Lots of difference in cost.
Also just a qquick lookup, parts are readily available from many other sources also, so shop for best price , fastest delivery.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
If the controller isn't potted, that is a bad design but on the bright side, could just mean it has bad solder joints from vibration, or at least allows access for common fault components like mosfet(s), though the 'fets may be soldered down on the PCB and require significant effort with a hot air rework station to replace.

The switch should be easy enough to test, assuming it's normally open then you'd just jumper it closed to complete the circuit OR measure continuity or resistance with it closed using a multimeter.

Backing up a bit, how did you determine the integrated circuit isn't functional? Had you already used a multimeter to measure that there is no power output to the motor? If not, I'd also look at whether the motor has thermal protection and that fuse or breaker has failed. That would typically be considered a "non user servicable part" but that doesn't necessarily mean the whole motor would need replaced rather than just the fuse or breaker - depend on whether there was a legitimate fault or whether it was just stalled engine due to what you were mowing or with thermal breakers, eventually enough temperature cycling can make them fail with no fault causing it.