My i5 760 Overclocking adventure!?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dward

Jan 14, 2011
Other than my 560 I had a few other things to pick up from my regular computer store. When I arrived to chat about the "delay" of the 560 they said it could take up to 3 weeks! So I looked at my other choices, which were not that good in the 560 department.

I ended up purchasing a 570! Stock reference version from Gainward.

It's a beauty! It's really quiet and rather than pushing the hot air in to the case like my old 460 and the 560's, the cooling chamber pushes it out the rear... brilliant!

shadowsofthesun

Feb 20, 2011
Any of you guys with Gigabyte P55 boards get motherboard coil whine/squeal under load with LLC enabled?

I've got a Gigabyte P55 UD4P and a Corsair HX 620 power supply. I will occasionally get squealing, depending on my load from my CPU, GPU, or SSDs. I know for a fact that it comes from the PSU, and may come from the MB as well. Based, on some research and tips from others, I don't believe it is of much concern. If you want to be safe, I'd contact Gigabyte about a replacement.

shadowsofthesun

Feb 20, 2011
I do get one slight occurring thing happen with my CPU Fan that is a little worrying, every now and then during Windows use (no load), the CPU fan spins up to ~2000rpm for about 3 seconds then goes back to around 1500rpm. My temps don't go up nor does my voltages. Should this be a concern?

Dward, I have the same problem with my Gigabyte board. Suddenly, the fan will rev up for a second or two. If I turn on the CPU fan-failure beep, I will hear that right before the rev. I've never noticed the fan actually stall, though. The occurrence is rare and I'm personally not worried. :hmm: However, as stated above, I'd contact Gigabyte if you're overly concerned.

Dward

Jan 14, 2011
Have you OCCT stressed the new card with your 3.8 OC? I'm curious if it actually was the old card or in fact related to your overclock.

I did for 15minutes which came back with no errors.

I will run it for much longer when I get the chance

Dward

Jan 14, 2011
here is the final result (15mins after finishing BC2):

final2.jpg

This was after about 3 hours of BC2, max details + AA. My GPU load hovers around 95% and the CPU cores are being well used as well.

Room temperature was 25C. I'm pretty happy with the temps! :)

Thanks again, PC is running stable, cool and FAST!

Dward

Jan 14, 2011
(Bump for my friend, I pointed him to this thread but he said the link didn't work. I then realised it was too old for him to see!)

p.s. I have "final & stable" BIOS screens if anyone wants to see them?