My house is being invaded...

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
By Fleas! My cat found a way into the rest of the house and dropped all sorts of fleas and eggs, esp in my room where I found her napping. I have bites all up and down my legs and they just won't quit! I spent the better half of the day yesterday vaccuming and spraying but they just won't die!

jOnaSan

May 23, 2003
take a daytrip somewhere and fumigate your house. if they're in your room, odds are they are spreading throughout your home now.

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
I picked up a can of this Raid Flea Killer Plus, says it kills adult fleas and hatching eggs. I've been spraying areas where lots of fleas seem to be but they come back shortly after the spray dries.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: HiTek21
By Fleas! My cat found a way into the rest of the house and dropped all sorts of fleas and eggs, esp in my room where I found her napping. I have bites all up and down my legs and they just won't quit! I spent the better half of the day yesterday vaccuming and spraying but they just won't die!

Are you ozzy?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Bought some of those 'bomb' cans and set them off in the apartment one time after my cat had gotten out and brought back fleas.

Ended up having to have her dipped twice, too.

Oof...hate fleas.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
First, get the cat treated. If you 'bomb' the house and don't treat the cat, they'll come back. IIRC, fleas can't live on humans (they bite, but can't live on it..not 100% positive on that, though), so if the cat has been treated, the fleas will eventually die. That's what we did, and we don't have fleas anymore..