my homemade weight gym

trOver

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2006

Text
yes i know, very trashy. But, its effective and its easy to change weights in and out, or put 2 together for more weight.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
That wont take you very far. I recognize the ingenuity of the design, but how could you possibly have enough weight?

trOver

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: Amused
That wont take you very far. I recognize the ingenuity of the design, but how could you possibly have enough weight?

it was built mostly for baseball pitching exersizes. i have a baseball w/ a rope through the middle that can attach on. 15lbs is plenty for that kind of motion

Freaknificent

Dec 2, 2003
better be careful.....
you don't have the weight secured from swinging, so you may accidently knock yourself out!!! :Q

how much weight is that?

trOver

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: Freaknificent
better be careful.....
you don't have the weight secured from swinging, so you may accidently knock yourself out!!! :Q

how much weight is that?

if all are on, its around 50lbs. but like i said, i hardly use all that if im doing pitching motions.

about swinging- surprisingly, it doesnt really swing. as long as you start w/ it straight, it pretty much stays straight. the pulley takes a lot of the side to side motion out.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
You should also be working your twisting motion as most of your power is from your hips and your legs.

You'd do very well to do jumping for say 6-8reps for 2-3set on a mat. This will help you to pitch better with a minimum of expense and equipment.

Koing

trOver

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: Koing
You should also be working your twisting motion as most of your power is from your hips and your legs.

You'd do very well to do jumping for say 6-8reps for 2-3set on a mat. This will help you to pitch better with a minimum of expense and equipment.

Koing

what do you mean by "jumping"?

w/ my ghetto setup, i can keep my arm stationary and twist my hips to work on the twisting.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: trOver

Koing

w/ my ghetto setup, i can keep my arm stationary and twist my hips to work on the twisting.

Jumping as in jumping up in to the air.

You use your legs to provide most of the power. Your arm is an extension of the whipping and is used after you use your legs, hips and body to twist then you launch the ball with your arms.

The jumping will help you out. Do squats also. That will provide lots of power for you.

Koing

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
1) File a patent on that awesomeness, like today!
2) Sell, sell, sell those fabulous space-saving home gyms!
3) Retire with your millions.

trOver

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: trOver

Koing

Jumping as in jumping up in to the air.

You use your legs to provide most of the power. Your arm is an extension of the whipping and is used after you use your legs, hips and body to twist then you launch the ball with your arms.

The jumping will help you out. Do squats also. That will provide lots of power for you.

Koing

k thanks for the tips

50cent1228

Platinum Member
Oct 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Freaknificent
better be careful.....

how much weight is that?

wow i was gonna say that