- Mar 22, 2012
so I use a 25 foot HDMI cable from cmple.com to pipe some video and games to the 40" Samsung LED TV, and other times I use PS3 Media Server to load things onto the TV via the PS3, I was doing that wirelessly but I went ahead and hooked the PS3 up to the 25 foot network cable that runs through the same cable sheaths there that the HDMI does, the third cable is a coax which is not currently used.
my gf and I like to play House of the Dead Overkill with a couple of PS3 motion guns on the TV
I will sometimes play PC games on the TV, typically using PC xbox controller. A couple of times I've used my wireless keyboard and trackball too.
I rigged up a headphone holding prong and put it into the front of my PC there, sawed a black glossy metal thing at the hardware store down to use as that.
that's my Asus G73 gaming laptop on the right, and sometimes i'll use that for watching a video while playing a game on my PC. i kinda miss when i used the laptop primarily and had the same PC on both screens.
during my submarine service in the US navy I learned the merits of velcro, and securing things, so all those action figures are velcroed to that shelf so they can't domino into eachother or fall off.
also, under the desk is a nice metal deck thing they included which has my UPS, cable modem, wireless router, a secondary power strip, a wired black xbox 360 controller connected to my laptop, and all my cords. The desk has 3 holes in it for cable management and it works wonders. things you can't see in the images:
- 3 1 terabyte each external drives, all vecroed to the non-visible side of the PC tower, hooked into PC and available to laptop, PS3, etc via wireless network.
- an old Sony Walkman hooked in to my line-in for converting old cassette audio to mp3
- a bamboo USB writing pad I hardly use
- a remarkably well managed assortment of tons of cables, all piped down through the 3 holes (2 of which are probably intended under normal uses for this school computer desk to house stalks for monitors, but I use all 3 for cable management. All cables are well sorted under the desk, and zip-tied.
- under the desk are 2 small heaters velcroed to the underside of the metal cable deck, pointed toward my legs for winter haha
- one of the cable management holes actually has an interesting fan on a stalk stuck into it, for cooling the laptop.
I kind of miss when I just had the laptop and both the monitor and it's internal monitor were reflecting the contents of one PC... then I had 2 monitors naturally, now if I want to like, watch a video on the laptop monitor while gaming on the desktop, I have to put my beetz or whatever the hell they are ear buds in, then the Sennheisers over that... 2 sets of headphones on at once, kinda lame. it works... but kinda lame.