My headhpones are dying

Jun 4, 2005
Not sure why, but the right plug is putting out less volume than the left. It's not crackling or anything, just lower. Am I going crazy, and this is normal, or are they comming to the end of their days?

I've got the Sony MDR-EX81's.

EDIT: While I'm at it, is there any way to raise the volume of one side, and not the other? Like an application. I'm using them at my computer, and I can just off-set the balance, but then it's not very loud because my vol is at max. =[

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
sony's ear buds break very often, except the most expensive ones

<3 my MDR E888. the triple 8's are the most durable sony buds i've had.

i've been wanting these sennheisers MX 400 to break so i can buy something else. but these hold up pretty well. doesn't sound as good as sony, but im tired of my ear buds breaking all the time.

RGUN

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2005
This happened to my Apple earbus and both the JVC earbuds that I replaced them with. Currently on my third set of JVC buds.

Jun 4, 2005
Well, I wanted them because I was always on the bus to school/work, but now that's all done for now so it's not so important. I rarely use them at the computer, but my dad's watching a concert DVD and it's pretty loud. :D

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
Did someone by chance set off a firecracker near your right ear recently? Might not necessarily be the headphones. :)