My GF has a report due tomorrow, and a midterm, and is running on 5 hours of sleep...

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
What would you do in this situation? Sleep now and wake up early, or get everything done first (including studying for the midterm, which includes reading about 100 pages) ?

I'd get everything done, but I'm not as tired as she is right now so my opinion is skewed!

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
Yeah, well this happens often, too much work in too little time.

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: NewSc2
if you had that much to do, i'd think you're fscked either way...

She thanks you for the boost in confidence! :)

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Sleep then wakeing up is bad, just wing it. If midterm is in morning, she can finish, and sleep all afternoon.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
running on 5 hours? Hell man, thats my average sleep time. 3 is where I start saying "running on".
So, I have to say she's fine, whats the problem?

NewSc2

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Keego
if you had that much to do, i'd think you're fscked either way...

She thanks you for the boost in confidence! :)

lol, okay, well, i've had just 1 thing to do and I've had that dilemma, but never both.

On one hand, if she stays up, she won't be able to write a good essay, and most likely will fall asleep during the midterm, on the other hand, if she sleeps, she might not have enough time to finish the essay and study. I've stayed up all night studying for a multivariable calc final once; fell asleep twice during the test, pulled off a C- (B- in the class), and one time I finished an 8 page research paper in 3 hours.. but man.. never both.

I'd suggest to go buy some caffeine pills right away, and take those 20 minute naps that help somewhat twice or three times between now and the midterm.

Luden

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
I wouldnt sleep... I would have large amounts of caffine and start reading.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Desslok
Why to wait till the last min.

Wurd. 5 hours of sleep,huh? Oh, the poor thing!!! 5 hours of sleep is an excellent night for me. I could do her reports and yours too w/that much energy!!! :Q

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I'd suggest to go buy some caffeine pills right away, and take those 20 minute naps that help somewhat twice or three times between now and the midterm.

I did that once, starting and finishing a 15-page research paper (for a class in political rhetoric at UCD) over a weekend. I think I got maybe 2 hours of sleep the entire weekend, but I passed the class.