My gainward gf4 ti 4400 thinks it is a quadro4 750 xgl

tantalus0

May 15, 2002
I had everything running fine in Win 2k until about the time I decided I would try removing gainward's expertool utility so there would be no conflicts in using rivatuner. Then my 4400 started appearing as a quadro4 in the device manager and when I play a game that displays vid card info such as max payne.

I've tried uninstalling the quadro in add/remove hardware, removing the nvidia/gainward drivers, and reinstalling with nvidia detonators or fresh gainward drivers many times, but it now always shows up as the quadro when drivers go in.

Throughout all of this, I always get Geforce 4 ti 4400 showing up in the boot sequence, so the card is at least presenting itself correctly sometimes.

any suggestions on how to get my 4400 to show up properly once again in windows are most appreciated.

Utterman

Platinum Member
Apr 17, 2001
I suggest forcing the drivers to install by selecting the select device from a list instead of automatically finding it. Once you are there, click Have Disk and select the right driver.

tantalus0

May 15, 2002
I figured out the problem. I'm a dumbass ;)
I had installed some sort of nvstrap thing in rivatuner that was trying to force the quadro's special functions on my card. Once i disabled that in rivatuner, everything was fine.

Thanks for the suggestion, though :)