My friend is Mr. Mom

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
We were college roomates and work colleagues. He has a masters in chemistry from Penn and a masters in education. He left a $70K yr job to take a $35 yr HS teaching job, and now he's staying home with a 12 and 10 yr olds.

I haven't talked to him in a while but his wife has good position and I think that she travels a lot.

I wouldn't want to do it, but hey, whatever works.

virtueixi

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2003
I drank this one :beer:

But then

I drank these ones::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Riprorin
We were college roomates and work colleagues. He has a masters in chemistry from Penn and a masters in education. He left a $70K yr job to take a $35 yr HS teaching job, and now he's staying home with a 12 and 10 yr olds.

I haven't talked to him in a while but his wife has good position and I think that she travels a lot.

I wouldn't want to do it, but hey, whatever works.

maybe that's what he loves, maybe he loved teaching and then he got tired of doing that. Now he wants to take care of the kids. As long as he's happy.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
I ate a sandwich today.

Posting in Category: Off Topic

Message Title: Posting a Message
Message Text: B I U http https ftp mail hr highlight LI Quote Select Emotion
Post Message Preview Cancel
Subscribe to this topic
Create a poll for this topic
Auto parse URLs
Do not parse Emoticons

Topic/Message Rating

HTML code is not permitted. Special symbols permit some HTL functionality.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
One of the best things I've ever done in life is dump my first career of 10+ years. There is so much more to happiness than your annual salary.

As for Mr. Momming it... I work Thurs-Sat, and every other Wed. My wife works the opposite schedule, except for Sundays. So, I do play Mr Mom 3 days a week, and I absolutely love it. I considered taking another position, but the main downside was that it would require me to work Mon-Fri.
My youngest son was almost in tears when I asked what he thought of it. Needless to say, I turned it down. (I feel sorry for you schmucks who have to work 5 days a week. :p )

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Aftermath
I'm making popcorn.

Everyone get a bowl! There's plenty to go around!
A bowl? Plenty to go around?

No more passing! *puff* :D