My friend died last night. :(

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
Does anyone have a link to a story about this? As incredible as the rescue was I would think there might be a story written and I'd like to find out more about this man.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
luckstar

as far as i know, it happened just yesterday. it was overseas. at the funeral there may be some reporters. i agree it is an incredible story. if it gets picked up by the media and i see anything on it i will definitely post it.

i left out all the names etc, out of respect for the privacy of the family. if it does become public news i will then link anything here.

hope you understand.

cmdavid

Diamond Member
May 23, 2001
well, he was definitely a hero, saving the lives of 6 others while sacrificing his own. My prayers out to you, his family, and anybody else that this tragedy affects.

He was a youth pastor? Does that mean a Christian Youth Pastor?? May be a little more comforting if so.

cmdavid

Diamond Member
May 23, 2001

<< sandigga

yes, a christian youth pastor. he was dedicated to his work both in the school and in the church.
>>

sounds like he was a good person.. you'll be able to see him again;)

statetech

Jun 6, 2001
I can not say anything that will alleviate the strong emotions.
This world has indeed lost a good person.

If you need to speak to someone, LMK.
I'm sorry for your lost.

littlezipp

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2001
My respect goes to that man and his entire family. I can only hope that we would all do the same thing. My condolences.

CSoup

Jan 9, 2002
wow. very sad. glad he was able to save the kids though. I always hear horror stories about these trips. like kids scuba diving and getting their guts blown up.

kulki

Jul 18, 2001
I cant quite believe how some of us here have managed to degrade this thread to petty infighting about trivial issues especially when we are discussing about the supreme sacrifice made by 1 man for what he believed was the right thing to do.
My condolences goes out to him

Packy

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2001
quick note: thank you to the mods for cleaning up this discussion.

Johann,

My prayers are with everyone who knew your friend. Nothing is more noble than to save a life even if it means sacrificing your own. It is of course always okay to think of your friend and cry, but even better is to think of your friend and your memories of him, and smile. :)

All of us here will do whatever we can to help,
Darin

Croton

Banned
Jan 18, 2000
here is a smile, because i think we all should smile for your friend's accomplishments!

:)

cressida

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2000
Sorry to hear about your friend : (, going through a similar thing - my friend just gave birth to a still (not sure about spelling) baby yesterday. = \

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
do u have a link to this in a news article or something? i would like to read more about what happened

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
saving six children is amazing... the world can really use more people like him.

my condolences

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend :(, but think positive.

Think about the lives of student's he's saved and the future they hold :D