My freakin watch smells! Help!!

step-dawg

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
Hi,

I have a fossil watch with the metal bands. I've had it for a little less than two years now. The thing is starting to smell bad. ugh. kinda that dried sweat smell. It isn't too bad when it is dry but when I wash my hands and get water on the watch, it starts to stink! The smell even rubs off onto my wrist! nasty! Anyone else have this problem?

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
Just go to wal mart and get yourself a new watchband..2 years old for those is pretty nasty.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
Dip the watch band in wd40 for an hour or so. Then rinse and enjoy your new car garage smell.

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
You need to clean your watch. Drop it in a glass with an Alka Seltzer. You'll see the crud stuck in between the metal bands come out and float to the top. It cleans it up real nice. Makes it shiny. I have a Fossil watch with a metal band too. It works well.

late.

TDP

step-dawg

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
Thanks all. I'll try that alka seltzer thing. you sure it won't damage the watch at all?

MrsSkywalker

Jun 30, 2000
This happens to well worn necklaces, too. Plain old rubbing alcohol does the trick and makes it shiny, too.

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
Used to happen with me when I'd dingy sail, the stink and poop in the ocean would all get inside the watch strap it was literally impossible to remove the funk.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
yeah that happens to me too, i have a leather strap watch and 5 rings in my hands, everytime i shower i wash the rings and i try not to sweat or get the straps in my watch wet.

dam()

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
The same thing happens with my prosthetic arms and legs.
I have to wash them all down with hydro-cloric acid to the get all of the $hit that this world harbors off...