My fish has no face! (With pics!)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Its just a fish, and I only had it for two weeks so its not a big deal. Prett nasty though.

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Originally posted by: BD2003
He probably would be if I didnt put him out of his misery. I decided on the freezing route. Put him in a cup, went out to get some food, half expecting him to be still alive and kicking when I got back.

Opened up the freezer, and found him lying next to the cup. ah heck jumped out, and froze to the bottom of my freezer.

So I had to scrape him off, and he was hard as a rock. And I could see his brains.

Damn. :confused:

LOL!!!!!!

nyeturo989

Banned
May 2, 2002
Originally posted by: DanFungus
hahahahhhhaha

(kill the mean one, set him on the pan, and FRY)

Hey man, it's only instict. I mean jeez, you didn't see cows and chicken killing you for eating them.

shazbot

Jul 25, 2001
He probably would be if I didnt put him out of his misery. I decided on the freezing route. Put him in a cup, went out to get some food, half expecting him to be still alive and kicking when I got back.

Opened up the freezer, and found him lying next to the cup. ah heck jumped out, and froze to the bottom of my freezer.

So I had to scrape him off, and he was hard as a rock. And I could see his brains.

Damn. :confused:

ahahhhhahhhhahhahahaha. roflmao. omg.. I think I just cried laughing.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
I had a similar problem. One of my goldfish was losing fins and anything that was external that moved. Beats me why..

But it went front fins, back fins, dorsal fin, left eye, right eye... Eventually it'd swim wherever it wanted...

Yes, I took the freezer route, but put a lid on, these "living dead" fish are rather strong fellahs.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

You might want to check with the local fish store on building a tropical fish community. Some fish only like to be with their species or alone, others require to be in group to be secure so it wouldn?t nibbles their peers.

KouklatheCat

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
There is a good book on tropical fish, I do not remember the name of the book but it is by Herbert Axelrod (not sure on spelling). This book tells you if the fish are community or aggressive fish. I knew my Oscars were aggressive when I put them in a tank full of goldfish. They were like freddy krueger, jason and leatherface rolled into one.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Well that's it...fish abuse..can't have that. I'am calling the PITA people. Your gona get life in front of the firing squad for this.....:D

Jgtdragon

Diamond Member
May 15, 2000

Damn.

Made me laugh for some reason. :D

Pooteh

Aug 12, 2002
Originally posted by: TheOmegaCode
Fish don't feel pain the same way a mammal would.

probably true, a mammal would be quite screwed without a face:p

mother nature is a cruel b*tch eh? :)

Superdoopercooper

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2001
The "perp"... what is he, a mini-barracuda or something. Looks kinda scary...

but that fish that tried to eat the cat... now that's nutty.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: ohtwell
Either put him in his own bowl or aquarium until he heals or put the little guy out of his misery.

Poor sharky! :(

: ) Amanda

Ummm... I don't think eyes and jaws grow back :p

Superdoopercooper

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2001
This thread had me cracking up... esp. the replies after the pictures. EHHEHEHEHEHE... Sorry about the fish, but this was one crazy thread.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You cant really tell from the pics, but these are pretty tiny fish. The bad fish is a tinfoil barb I think.

This thread had me cracking up... esp. the replies after the pictures. EHHEHEHEHEHE... Sorry about the fish, but this was one crazy thread.

hehehe, I aim to please. :D

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
On a related note, when I fish got the mean fish in the fish store, the guy had netted him out and put him in the little temporary holder thing. He turned around, and when he did, the fish shot 4 or 5 feet straight up in the air, hit the ceiling and landed on the floor, without the guy noticing. :)

I just started laughing and when the guy finally turned around and realized, he had a bitch of a time picking him up, and putting him back in the tank.

So he goes to get me another one, but these things move so fast he probably ended up getting the same one. Once he put it in the bag to take it home, the damn fish kept trying to jump out and kept bashing his face against the bag. Its a really strange feeling to hold a bag with a fish thats violently spasming in your hand. :D

He seems to be pretty bloodthirsty this morning, he's trying to kill the new fish. Sigh... :confused:

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
He seems to be pretty bloodthirsty this morning, he's trying to kill the new fish. Sigh... :confused:

LMAO!!! you gotta set up a webcam!

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Fish don't feel pain the same way a mammal would.
There's probably a greater species than us saying the same about humans. :)

DO NOT FLUSH FISH DO NOT FLUSH FISH DO NOT FLUSH FISH

How would you like to go down and spend the rest of your life in a big tank of shit?

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I thought it was a rosy barb, but barbs are barbs, and they can be "nippy." I have 3 rosy long-finned barbs, and the biggest one spends alls his time chasing around his tankmates, the likes of which include diamond tetras, green tiger barbs, and black skirt tetras, but they are all either faster swimmers, or much better at hiding. The idiot goes behind a big treestump in my tank chasing a diamond, and comes out the other side chasing a skirt! hehe