My fish has no face! (With pics!)

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I came home one day and found my little shark with his eyes bitten out by the other fish. He always was kinda a pussy anyway.

I didnt know what to do with him, so I left him there overnight. I woke up expecting to see him dead, but instead I found him missing both eyes and the bottom half of his jaw. And he's still alive!

The other fish are slowly picking away at his face, but he's refusing the kick the bucket. He still eats when I feed them!

Wtf do I do with him?

Stojakapimp

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002
man, that's one messed up fish. There's not much you can do with him. Either put him out of his misery or let the other fish eat him

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
you don't have big enough fish. Throw an oscar or a large arrowana in there, that'll get rid of the rest of your dying fish w/ a minimum of suffering.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
poor fishie.... :(

One time I was fishing, and got a bite, so I set the hook, expecting to see a nice lunker bass on the hook, but instead, the lure cam flying out of the water..... with a set of bluegill lips attached to it. I ripped the poor fishy's lips right off!

Maybe thats what you can do with it.. use it as bait! What type of shark is it?

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
What kind of shark gets its ass whopped by other fishes... :) ... poor guy... i honestly can't stand watching that thing swimming around... sniff sniff...

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I cant believe the poor bastard is still alive. I might post some pics later. Wouldnt be right right now. Poor little guy.

Omegachi

Diamond Member
Mar 27, 2001
oh man, thats one messed up fish. take a picture of his face for us, we want to see.

Sketcher

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
One way to "gently" put aquarium fish to sleep:

Mix Tablespoon of baking soda per half-gallon of cold water - insert fish.

The solution will put the fish to sleep/kill.

Or quickly w/out mess = put fish in plastic bag, whip plastic bag against hard surface = done.

fishy, fishy fish... from whence the fish came...

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Sketcher
Or quickly w/out mess = put fish in plastic bag, whip plastic bag against hard surface = done...

i think the "whip bag against hard surface" would cause SOME splatter mess...

but... this suggestion had me LMAO!!

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
What kind of shark is it? How big? What other fishies you got in there?

Sucks for the lil guy... You're saying shark, but you mean like a real shark, not one of those freshwater fishes with the name "shark" do you?

<== magical eye healing monkey dance

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Either put him in his own bowl or aquarium until he heals or put the little guy out of his misery.

Poor sharky! :(

: ) Amanda

KouklatheCat

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
I agree with notfred. If you really want to see fish carnage throw an oscar in your tank. My oscars attacked my cat and killed my snowflake eel. One of my oscars actually had enough juevos to bite my cat when he tried to put his paw in the watter.