My First Y.A.G.T. and I have 12 hours before...

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
I always found these yagt threas amusing but I've never thought I'd be posting one. :eek: But hey I'm about to do something in 12 hours and I thought hey some extra input wouldn't hurt. So here is the situation. I've been developing a crush on my chemistry TA over the past few weeks and month. I'm a sophmore and she is a senior. I'm not quite sure how to approach her and I've only talked to her minimally in class and a little bit outside when she offered to teach me chem before a test. So I"m going to stop by her office hours and bestow her with the gift of my presence ;). So any ideas on how I should take it?

I was thinking I was just going to say hi say wassup ask her how thing are going. Then I was thinking about asking her to go do something? I have a few questions though.

1. Should I make it clear that I have an interest in her or should I just ask her to "hang out"?
2. Should I say somehting classically goofy and meish like "I woudln't want you to graduate and miss out on a great life experience of spending time with me".
3. I didn't want you to get all lonely here".
4. Since classes are ending so she's not going to be my TA anymore? Maybe I should point it out eh? ;P
5. Need help marking my test?
What do you guys think? I've been catching some good vibes off her but nothing concrete. Right now it is 9:44 PM her office hours are 10-11 AM tomorrow.

Edit: Yea I think its her last office hour I'm not sure since classes are ending. If I knew how to host I'd post a pic of myself and try to find one of her. Guess no "pics or ban" eh? ^_^
No my name is not NIck. And her name is not Jamie.

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
4. Go visit during her hours and just have a short good time, making small talks and small laughs. This will break the ice and allow you to make better judgements on how the chemistry flows between you two. Do that tomorrow and if things go smoothly and you pick up some sweet vibes, ask her out by the end of the visit or the next visit. (Preferably the next, girls love the anticipation.)

Trust me young grasshopper, this will be much safer for you as a sleeker approach

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
Lay it right on her desk and say something cool like:

Behold the glory that is my sack....

That should wow her.

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
Originally posted by: freakflag
Lay it right on her desk and say something cool like:

Behold the glory that is my sack....

That should wow her.

Or sing to her... *ahem*

"I'm gonna make love to you woman
Lay you down by the fiiire
Career your body my woman
Make you moan with desiiire"

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: silverpig
Is your name Nick?

Heh.. that was my first thought as well. :D

My advice: Wing it, and let your natural charm (if any) shine through. Avoid the cheesy canned lines.

bleeb

Lifer
Feb 3, 2000
I say, forget it. Since she is your TA it might complicate things and she could get into trouble. Then you would be classified as a real d1ck!

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Why would your avatar be a girl if you're a guy. Are you trying to get in touch with your female side?

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
Originally posted by: MustISO
Why would your avatar be a girl if you're a guy. Are you trying to get in touch with your female side?

Perhaps I am...^^....so you back to advice about the girl? And not my choice of avatar? :eek:

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: FearoftheNight
Originally posted by: MustISO

Perhaps I am...^^....so you back to advice about the girl? And not my choice of avatar? :eek:

Well, considering your choice of avatar, are you sure this TA is a girl? :D j/k

Seriously... I'd leave it alone, as someone said, she could possibly get in trouble.

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
But me and her would be the best couple evar. Well or is there something I could say like hang out later ...and call her up when she's not my TA? The term is ending.

sparkyclarky

Platinum Member
May 3, 2002
Bad idea - most universities prohibit relationships when somebody is in a position of power over you (e.g. controls your grades).

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Option 1. 2-3 are eyerollers and 4 is too subtle to legitimately expect her to pick up on.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
Originally posted by: FearoftheNight
But me and her would be the best couple evar. Well or is there something I could say like hang out later ...and call her up when she's not my TA? The term is ending.

If you get involved before the end of the term it could be seen as you trying to ensure a good grade. Maybe go have coffee with her or something... that's about as far as I'd take it until after the term is over when there could be no accusations that she helped you cheat or something like that.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I'm crushed you didn't post at yagt.org :(

A pox on you! :p

Are TA's allowed to date students?

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
Originally posted by: LOLyourFace
er have you read my post yet?

Sing to her? Lol she's going to be in the library. I have no intention of embarassing myself there. :eek: Rather do it here instead ^_^.