MY FIRST TRUMP RALLY

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Yep. You gotta pay attention to what the dark side is up to.
I have no problem with mingling with the enemy, only for educational purposes, mind you.
So, I printed out my ticket, I joined in with my Trumpie relatives, and we headed off to hell to meet the wizard.
We had to park several blocks away, and we stood in line what seemed for hours.
Seemed like hours when surrounded by all those funny red hats. :rolleyes:
But ANYwho, here are my initial observations.

For one, yes it was a bit exciting to see someone in person that you have only seen on TV.
The possibility of meeting Oprah in person would qualify as another thrill which comes to mind.
But sadly.... no Oprah. Only Donald Trump. :(

Impressions:
First impression, I simply could not believe how this guy Donald Trump talks down to his audience.
You don't feel it so much watching on TV, the Trump rally that is, but in person Trump really treats his audience as if they were total idiots.
I actually felt sorry for the crowd. This was quite insulting I thought.
On TV Trump, his rally, and his words can appear as light hearted, as comical, as simply joking around with his crowd.
Like everyone having a good time.
But in person it is down right not funny, and rather quite demeaning.
Yet, his audience did not seem to mind, or to even realize that Trump was definitely insulting and talking down to them.
I was really shocked, and confused.
I had to wonder, WHAT IS THIS?
Is this how a cult operates?
Is that it?

Trump lies openly, and they cheer.
Trump boasts of achievements that are plainly not true, but still they cheer.
As with his talk about fuel and ethanol. iOwa is a big ethanol state and iOwa farmers are thrilled because ethanol uses corn.
And corn is a huge product of iOwa farms.
The thing is, the Trump administration cut and tried to eliminate ethanol production. And damn it... those farmers at this Trump rally knew that.
Yet, at the rally Trump lies and boasts of how his administration is supportive of ethanol and of iOwa farmers.
Trump claims his administration loves iOwa farmers A LON LON TIME.
And WTF.... the farmers in the crowd cheer Trump on.
Trump lies, they cheer. WTF is up with that?
And it is their livelihood being hit hard.

So I look around wondering what kind of people are these Trump people?
And I have to admit, they all look a little weird to me.
I don't know what it is exactly, but they all have this ON THE EDGE look in their face.
That look as if they were selling you a house, that you shouldn't or wouldn't want to trust them.
That look where you just know they rather believe in some conspiracy theory that believe in the truth.
That even if they did know the truth, they'd still choose to believe the conspiracy theory instead.
I really hate to say it but I suspect maybe some brain damage there? Just a little, maybe?
I know I've questioned that as a possibly within my own Trumpie relatives, and now I am really starting to wonder.... o_O

OH...
I must mention something about THE KEY WORDS.
What I call THE KEY WORDS, where if that word or words are mentioned by Donald Trump the crowd goes absolutely INSANELY WILD.
Most of the time the crowd looked rather bored. Especially as Donald Trump rambled on and on and on.
But when Trump said one of his key-words like "WALL", the crowd simply exploded.
Or in any sentence using the word ILLEGALS, then again this insanely wild response from his crowd.
Trump had many KEY-WORDS that would kicked of a huge loud response from the crowd, and I wondered HOW DID THEY KNOW TO DO THAT?
How did they know to react so wildly when that word or words were uttered by Donald Trump?
Were they coaxed?
Was this written down somewhere, a list of which words the crowd should react to?
I mean.... HOW DID THEY KNOW?
The crowd awakens instantly from a near zombie-like state into a roaring yelling cheer.
It was like snapping ones fingers and then the instantaneous response.
THAT was just plain freakin eerie to say the least.

So anyway, I survived.
I think I survived.... :rolleyes:
I'll look before I go to bed tonight to make sure a green pod wasn't placed under my bed.
You know, like in the movie.
I know that my Trumpie nephew, the so called educated one, would just love podding me into one of them.
And my nephew made such of an ass of himself at the rally that you'd think he had seen god.

YES, I do highly suggest anyone and everyone not an admirer of Donald Trump should still... GO SEE A TRUMP RALLY IN PERSON when and if you can.
With remembering, we always need to know what the other side is up to.
If the Jews in Germany had attended some of those early Hitler rally's, those Jews could have know what they were in for and might have gotten the hell out of there before Hitler became Der Fuhrer.
Knowledge is power, as I see it.
Watching a Trump rally live vs watching on TV or Youtube is the difference between night and day.
On TV it just looks like a bunch of Trump people at a rally. Maybe having fun.
But attending in person is completely different. It really does seem like attending some cult group.
All I can say is that I DID IT, but I have absolutely NO DESIRE to ever repeat the experience.
I would be afraid they'd stuck me on a bus and ship me off for TRUMP SPECIAL TREATMENT. :eek:

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
facinating! Thank you for your service and sacrifice. There is no way I'm going to one of those, creepy as hell!

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
seems to me that a large portion the the audience are camp followers, this isn't their first rodeo, they know when and how to react.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yet, his audience did not seem to mind, or to even realize that Trump was definitely insulting and talking down to them.

Talking down to them, how, because you think he lies?
Do you think his crowd knows that he lies? Hint: No one there has a clue.

Believe me, Trumpers think Trump's words are the gospel as if God himself spoke directly to them. Humans believe what they want to believe. Trump's skill is in taking people who have even a shred of shared identity with him, using his lies, his method of communication, to call on their base personality. Call out to and flatter the Ego. As our Egos will twist any truth into a lie, and any lie into a truth. Reality is meaningless to the feelings the Ego delivers unto the sycophants.

It is cultism and religious zealotism 101. Truth doesn't matter. Built a narrative, run with it. Those people who "feel" like you are "with" them... they won't look back or think twice. So long as they are in that stupor NO ONE can convince them otherwise. Trump could break into their home, !@$$ their wife, murder their kids, they'll try their damnedest to believe it was for "the greater good". What are a few kids worth compared to owning the libs? Compared to trade wars and border walls? Gotta #MAGA!!!1!!11!11!1@!@!@!

In this case these zealots are attached to a person, not even a party, and most certainly not their country. The danger is when the party sees this, and acts to take a piece of the action. They debase themselves to become Trump. To drop down to his level to appease the zealots and "become" one of them. To bask in Dear Leader's shadow, even if it means scrubbing his toilet. Republican leadership is doing this now. It is dangerous because it means one party has fallen to madness, the other will be left with only despair. Election Year 2020 sure feels like that. Where is Barrack Obama's Hope and Change? America lost itself these past 12 years.

A nation whose primary actors think only of themselves will be a short lived tragedy. It takes Country before Party, Truth before Feels, to find common ground and not tear this nation apart. For divided we fall, and as you've seen there is no shortage of division. No shortage of alt-reality zealots prepared to wage a holy crusade against the truth. Against reason, against civil discourse. America has flat lined, and I fear it won't be long now.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I have no problem with mingling with the enemy, only for educational purposes, mind you.
So, I printed out my ticket, I joined in with my Trumpie relatives, and we headed off to hell to meet the wizard.

For one, yes it was a bit exciting to see someone in person that you have only seen on TV.
The possibility of meeting Oprah in person would qualify as another thrill which comes to mind.

Impressions:
First impression, I simply could not believe how this guy Donald Trump talks down to his audience.
You don't feel it so much watching on TV, the Trump rally that is, but in person Trump really treats his audience as if they were total idiots.
On TV Trump, his rally, and his words can appear as light hearted, as comical, as simply joking around with his crowd.
Is that it?

As with his talk about fuel and ethanol. iOwa is a big ethanol state and iOwa farmers are thrilled because ethanol uses corn.
The thing is, the Trump administration cut and tried to eliminate ethanol production. And damn it... those farmers at this Trump rally knew that.
Yet, at the rally Trump lies and boasts of how his administration is supportive of ethanol and of iOwa farmers.

I don't know what it is exactly, but they all have this ON THE EDGE look in their face.
That look as if they were selling you a house, that you shouldn't or wouldn't want to trust them.
That look where you just know they rather believe in some conspiracy theory that believe in the truth.
That even if they did know the truth, they'd still choose to believe the conspiracy theory instead.
I really hate to say it but I suspect maybe some brain damage there? Just a little, maybe?
I know I've questioned that as a possibly within my own Trumpie relatives, and now I am really starting to wonder.... o_O

OH...
What I call THE KEY WORDS, where if that word or words are mentioned by Donald Trump the crowd goes absolutely INSANELY WILD.
Most of the time the crowd looked rather bored. Especially as Donald Trump rambled on and on and on.
But when Trump said one of his key-words like "WALL", the crowd simply exploded.
Or in any sentence using the word ILLEGALS, then again this insanely wild response from his crowd.
Trump had many KEY-WORDS that would kicked of a huge loud response from the crowd, and I wondered HOW DID THEY KNOW TO DO THAT?
How did they know to react so wildly when that word or words were uttered by Donald Trump?
Were they coaxed?
Was this written down somewhere, a list of which words the crowd should react to?
The crowd awakens instantly from a near zombie-like state into a roaring yelling cheer.

So anyway, I survived.
I'll look before I go to bed tonight to make sure a green pod wasn't placed under my bed.
I know that my Trumpie nephew, the so called educated one, would just love podding me into one of them.
And my nephew made such of an ass of himself at the rally that you'd think he had seen god.

YES, I do highly suggest anyone and everyone not an admirer of Donald Trump should still... GO SEE A TRUMP RALLY IN PERSON when and if you can.
If the Jews in Germany had attended some of those early Hitler rally's, those Jews could have know what they were in for and might have gotten the hell out of there before Hitler became Der Fuhrer.
Watching a Trump rally live vs watching on TV or Youtube is the difference between night and day.
But attending in person is completely different. It really does seem like attending some cult group.
All I can say is that I DID IT, but I have absolutely NO DESIRE to ever repeat the experience.
I would be afraid they'd stuck me on a bus and ship me off for TRUMP SPECIAL TREATMENT. :eek:

It's called re-education camps in some other despotic led nations, much like what we've become under the heels of Trump. Pol Pot, Kim Jong un, Mao Zedong, Hitler, Mussolini, etc etc they all had it down to a science.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Is that it?

You have answered your own riddle. Who among the sinners would choose to see themselves as righteous when lying in bed with a God who is not almighty? Man does not tolerate their God talking down to them from an exalted position. They demand it.

Reactions: dank69

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Cannot remember who posted it. But those trump taxi skits reminds me of what the op said

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Did you wear this hat to test if the Right triggers easier than the Left?
fb38e58dc007617938891e3e56549a38.jpg

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You are correct! But did you know that even in Hitler`s early rallys his people controlled who was allowed to attend?
Just like nowadays you needed a ticket to attend the rally, I believe!
Peace and thank you for your service!!

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Impressions:
Is that it?

OH...
Were they coaxed?

So anyway, I survived.

Definitely not a cult.

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
I actually felt sorry for the crowd.
I don't. And, no one else should.

I am glad many of them are suffering at his hands. All those that voted for him and are now complaining that he isn't hurting the right people deserve what is happening to them.

Worst yet, those who are committing acts of violence, racism, hate and anger. Pipebombs, throwing acid in people's faces, beatings, running over and murdering innocent people. These are NOT normal human beings. They want destruction and pain inflicted on people who are doing nothing more than asking for what this country promises to deliver; freedom and equality.

None of these rotten pigs believe in freedom. Their freedom is made up of being able to hurt and murder people they hate.

They are evil and twisted.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Again, the reason I attended that rally was only because I wanted AND NEEDED to see for myself HOW THE HELL can this happen?
I still can not believe and find it totally insane that Hitler was able to stir and excite so many Germans into following Adolf. And this insane republican devotion for Donald Trump is also mind blowing of the same scope.
With Adolf Hitler, we all know how that escalated.
With Donald Trump, how will his hate and division escalate during a second term?

Believe me, no closet Trumpie here.
But I needed to know how this sort of thing could happen with supposedly intelligent educated people?
Who are these people? What are these people? How can they embrace such insanity and hate? Add to that, they actually believe god is on their side as was the case with the Nazis.
Hitler's Germany also believed that god was on their side while engaging with exterminating the Jews.
They claimed Biblical scripture supported their actions. Justified the means.
Sound familiar Donald?
That may sound pretty harsh as a comparison but you only need to witness their actions.
The actions of the Donald Trump and his Trumpie's.
Trumpie's are closed minded. They categorize people into groups of us and them.
They cage children. They build walls. They hate Muslims. They consider immigrants as animals. And on and on it goes.

I just HAD to see who there people are? What motivates them?
Like I said, the rally was simply mind blowing and I had to see for myself.
Knowledge is power!!!
Go check out THE OTHER SIDE to see what they are up to.
Have they been drugged?
Are they part of a cult?
Are they insane?
Are they possessed?
Are they so full of hate that they have lost control?
And, why Trump?
Donald Trump is nothing. Less than a nothing. Yet, they adore and worship him.
I needed to see this for myself so I could fully understand what is at risk.
Just maybe Knowledge is more than power, maybe Knowledge should be our motivation.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Trumpers are low grade humans. Dumbest people I’ve ever met.

I've learned that I should never take a conservative seriously around the subject of Trump and why he is doing such a great job. All I've ever gotten from them is the same stuff you'd hear at any Trump rally from the useful idiot himself. When pressed for detailed factual evidence of Trump's amazing skill at "presidenting", I get the royal runaround and a look at the back of their heads as they walk away from me.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Well having discussed the impeachment with my dad (trump supporter) I can almost unequivocally say that he has a completely different perspective on reality and the differences between what Biden did in Ukraine vs Trump. And there was no convincing him otherwise.

The only chance available is to out-vote trumpers. No amount of facts will change their mind otherwise.

Feb 16, 2005
There are roughly 8 trillion ways to better spend that time.
You knew what he was going to say
You knew how the cult would react
This has been an ongoing, live in front of a studio audience, shitshow
His travelling, little Nuremberg wannabe rally, is the same show every night
Same lies, some new lies, some "who, me?" feigned innocence, veiled, and sometimes not so veiled racism
Same show, every fucking night
There's no secret side to this cult, it's all out there on the morgue table to view, warts and all

Like I said, roughly 8 trillion ways to better spend your time than attending some wanna be Nuremberg rally.

Feb 16, 2005
Well having discussed the impeachment with my dad (trump supporter) I can almost unequivocally say that he has a completely different perspective on reality and the differences between what Biden did in Ukraine vs Trump. And there was no convincing him otherwise.

The only chance available is to out-vote trumpers. No amount of facts will change their mind otherwise.

This.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

That's exactly how wanna-be dictators start their run on their takeover attempts. Form a following of disgruntled, ignorant and gullible rabble rousers, promise religious leaders support for their causes who then preach to their flocks of this leader who champions their efforts to inject religious dogma into the laws of the land, gain support of the fringe hate groups and extremists and turn them into soldiers willing to do wet work if necessary and of course, turn them all against "the establishment elite" and the immigrants who are taking their jobs, their women and their land.

There will always be those many folks who would buy into these takeover attempts in order to "get back at the system" that shunned them and finally "receive their just due" as there will always be those con men and opportunists that exploit them at every level of society and government.

And then there is Trump with his empty promises and endless string of lies that beguiled millions into falling for the grand hoax he played on them. He's managed to surround them all around himself and made them his slaves.