My First Build

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Raincity

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
Everything looks good and you got a nice case to boot also. Now just grab a Intel 330/520, Crucial M4 or a Sammy 830 if you can find one and call it a day. Enjoy.

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
i3570K $169.99
Asrock Extreme4 $134.99 - $40 bundle credit = $94.99

All you gotta do is get to a Microcenter. Or find someone if you can't.

Dreakon

Nov 25, 2012
I'm holding off on further purchases until I figure out what Newegg is up to lol. They called me while I was out driving and I didn't notice til I got home. No voicemails or anything though. If it were urgent, you think they would leave some kind of message. All of my orders have been paid for (according to the site), and two of the shipments have already been shipped. I don't know what else they could want from me.

Maybe it was a courtesy call or something, since a part of my order couldn't be completed. :hmm:

Do places do that sort of thing? I don't normally order stuff online.

EDIT: I've never heard of Microcenter. Are they US-based?

Last edited:

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Microcenter locations - http://www.microcenter.com/site/stores/default.aspx

You can order most things on-line too, except their CPU specials are always in-store only. Usually worth the drive though (if within reason ...). I got a 3770K for $206.99 !

My guess is Newegg is probably calling to tell you that your OOS items are actually in-stock and will be shipping soon.

Last edited:

Dreakon

Nov 25, 2012
My guess is Newegg is probably calling to tell you that your OOS items are actually in-stock and will be shipping soon.
That would be pretty sweet, but wouldn't the items/order appear online? Maybe I'll check again tomorrow, it took a night for the site to acknowledge my orders yesterday.

mfenn

Elite Member
Jan 17, 2010
www.mfenn.com
Darn it, I knew you'd find that comment and hunt me down! Well, let's just agree to disagree on that one, shall we? ;)

You know me. ;)

But seriously, I don't think that spending $30-40 for 100W is good at all. The SSR-550RM is based on an updated version of Seasonic's DC-DC platform and has all the same features (fully modular, gold efficiency, fan doesn't run at low loads, etc).

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
You know me. ;)

But seriously, I don't think that spending $30-40 for 100W is good at all. The SSR-550RM is based on an updated version of Seasonic's DC-DC platform and has all the same features (fully modular, gold efficiency, fan doesn't run at low loads, etc).

Actually, I didn't realize that Gold Seasonics had dropped so low. Wow.

Dreakon

Nov 25, 2012
I'd have to look again (since I place almost no value in it), but that SeaSonic X650 may have had a small rebate with it.

Either way, my brother's weaker PC is rock solid with a 600W Corsair PSU. It just made sense to me to go a step higher rather than a step lower, especially if I ever want to throw anything slightly more powerful in this guy down the line. The peace of mind was worth the extra money overall (as I said, stability meant more to me than saving a few bucks), even if 550W was good enough.

I appreciate the help though, as long as the PC (on paper) should be a solid piece of technology when it's built, I'm content. Even if I'm down an extra 30 lol.

Last edited:

Raincity

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
I have the SSR-550RM in my secondary rig. Had some bad luck that the first two were DOA right out of the box. Third one seems to be OK. Included cables feel cheap but overall it seems to be a decent PSU.