My first 4k gameplay clips

KyleGates

Oct 19, 2004
Took some advice here and there and finally managed to post some actual 4k content. Used Shadowplay here but plan to graduate to more substantial solutions soon. Anyhow, take a look if you like, and feel free to give an opinion or two...

Syndictae @ 4k (no commentary)

Witcher 3 @ 4k (no commentary)

Just Cause 3 @ 4k (lite commentary)

Reactions: shortylickens

KyleGates

Oct 19, 2004
Thx for the advice/suggestions (Not super fond of the new forums yet, seem slower and buggy)

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
Don't bother uploading 4k content to youtube, it might come out slightly better than their 1080p because the allowed bandwidth for 4k is higher, but it's nothing like raw 4k, you need to look for a better place to put 4k content if you want to demo how good it looks.

KyleGates

Oct 19, 2004
Don't bother uploading 4k content to youtube, it might come out slightly better than their 1080p because the allowed bandwidth for 4k is higher, but it's nothing like raw 4k, you need to look for a better place to put 4k content if you want to demo how good it looks.

Now I am still a recording/streaming rookie so there is every chance that I may be doing something that reduces the quality of what I put on Youtube. That being said, if you have a 4k monitor, viewing 4k contact on Youtube is night and day vs 1080. It is not even comparable (when done correctly).

Try either of these in 1080, then swap over to 4k. So long as you have a connection that can handle it (and a decent set of eyes doesn't hurt) its a world of difference. (Even more-so, staggeringly so, when viewed at 120" on a 4k projection system).

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
Now I am still a recording/streaming rookie so there is every chance that I may be doing something that reduces the quality of what I put on Youtube. That being said, if you have a 4k monitor, viewing 4k contact on Youtube is night and day vs 1080. It is not even comparable (when done correctly).

Yes that's what I said, it's better than their 1080p but it's nothing like actual uncompressed 4k, far from it. It's nothing you've done, youtube simply compresses the living hell out of their content it doesn't matter what your connection speed is. You also have to remember that the same applies to their 1080p content, it doesn't look anywhere near as good as raw uncompressed 1080p which makes the relative jump to 4k seem decent when in fact both are pretty bad.